Flash card interactions in Dawn can be created to help learners review content and commit it to memory. Authors can add text, audio, or an image to each side of each card. Learners see the front of the card, and try to remember, imagine, guess, etc what's on the other side.
Flash card interactions can be added as standalone activities, or connected to videos.
To create Flash card interactions:
- Select the desired Section in the Catalog entry.
- Select Add interaction and choose Flash cards.
- Give the interaction a Title.
- Provide Mastery award and Expected duration values.
- Provide Instructions if they're needed.
- Under Cards, select the desired Card display:
- Create and edit each card by choosing what you want displayed on the front and back of each. For each card, you can choose:
- Text and enter any text you want. Text that exceeds the size of the card can be scrolled.
- Centered image and provide the image you want centered on the card so it is all shown. You will also need to provide Alternative text that describes the image for accessibility purposes.
Full card image and provide the image you want to take up the card (if the image is not square, it will be cropped). You will also need to provide Alternative text that describes the image for accessibility purposes.
- Note: To add images, you must first upload the files using the Upload file button in the bottom, left corner.
- Audio and select a file (.mp3) that you have uploaded to the Resources library.
- Click the Add card button below the existing cards to create more.
This is what learners see using Stack display. Clicking a card shows the back; clicking it again flips it back over. Click the arrows to move to backward and forward between the cards.
This is what learners see using Grid display. Clicking a card shows the back; clicking it again flips it back over.