How do I create and edit coupons?
Administrators can create coupons for learners to use when purchasing catalog entries. For subscription entries, coupon discounts are automatically applied to each monthly charge.
To add coupon codes that give learners discounts on purchases:
- Click Coupons at the bottom of the Administration > Catalog screen.
- Click the plus sign to create a new coupon (click on existing coupons to edit them).
- Provide the Coupon code users will enter at the time of purchase.
- Choose which Catalog entry or choose All catalog entries in your site.
- Specify the Percent discount.
- Specify the Maximum uses available. This is a static limit.
- A limit of 1 can be used only once and by only one user. If the coupon is set to apply to All catalog entries, the coupon can be used for only one of the entries.
- A limit of 2 or more can be used only the specified number of times regardless of user (meaning a coupon limit of 2 would be reached if it was used by the same user twice). If the coupon is set to apply to All catalog entries, the limit applies regardless of catalog entry (meaning a coupon limit of 2 would be reached if it was used to buy the same entry twice).
- A limit of O allows unlimited use.
- An Optional expiration date.
- Click Add coupon.