Dawn Release Notes (v2020.0514.165134) - Storage optimization and improved billing management
A round-up of all improvements and changes to Dawn in version v2020.0514.165134 available on May 14, 2020.
Storage and billing optimization
To improve storage performance and tracking, we:
- Optimized video upload and storage, so they are automatically saved in the most efficient streaming format.
- Gave authors the ability to see the file size of each course resource, so they know how much storage a course is using for billing purposes.
To improve billing processes, we:
- Updated Dawn's billing to allow refunds for deleted enrollments. Site owners are refunded the $5 application fees when enrollments are deleted. Site owners are responsible for refunding learners who are charged through Stripe.
- Added tags (including the originating installation, the course title, and a unique course ID) to in-site purchases that are included in site owners' Stripe invoices, so they can easily see from which site each purchase is made.
In this release, we also:
- Improved UI, so authors are prompted to choose the transcript language when uploading videos and the transcript is immediately generated.
- Added a warning for administrators if they choose the same color for primary and accent colors.
- Updated course creation to allow authors to choose .mov files for course content.
- Added a separate User agreement field and the ability to require users to accept it on first login (Dawn sites includes a standard agreement, but we recommend site owners tailor it to your site's needs).
In this release, we:
- Updated Feeds to no longer show coach questions in other learners' feeds when they followed the course feed.
- Fixed an issue where files uploaded with special characters in the filename to a project submission or as a conversation attachment would not succeed.
Continuity of Learning program
With the support of AWS, a growing coalition of publishing partners are offering online courses for free to schools closed due to COVID-19.
Schools can learn more and participate at www.agilix.com/freecontent.
Interested publishers can contact us at www.agilix.com/contact-us. Please use #continuityoflearningcoalition as the subject.