Dawn allows you to divide learners into smaller groups within a course to:
- Facilitate collaboration.
- Enhance privacy for learners.
- Create cohorts of learners that can be time-based and limited in number of learners.
Including learners in groups allows them to message their group members all at once and filter their conversations by group.
Create new groups
Administrators can create groups when enrolling multiple learners at once with a purchase order. They can also create and manage groups using the Catalog > Enrollments screen:
- Open Catalog from Administration.
- Select the course you want to see the Enrollments screen for that course and make sure Everyone is selected from the Group dropdown
- Check the boxes next to the learners you want grouped.
- Click Add selected users to a group and indicate whether you want to Add to a new group or Add to an existing group.
- Provide a Group name and Group description.
- Choose whether you want it to be a Private group, meaning that only group members, coaches, and administrators can see group activity.
- Choose whether you want a Limited group size, and choose the size if so.
- Choose whether you want the group to be a Time-based cohort, meaning that members of this group can access content only after a specified date and time.
- Click Add selected learners to group.
Manage and edit groups
Once the group is created, you can:
- Filter the list by group.
- Remove individuals from the selected group using their more menu.
- Edit, Delete, or Add learners to the group.
When in the course, learners can choose to send posts to their group.