Dawn allows you to divide learners into smaller groups within a course to facilitate collaboration.
Including learners in groups allows them to message their group members all at once and filter their conversations by group.
Administrators can create groups when enrolling multiple learners at once with a purchase order. They can also create and manage groups using the Course > Enrollments screen:
- Open Courses from Administrator view.
- Select the course you want to see the Enrollments screen for that course.
- Check the boxes next to the learners you want grouped.
- Click Add selected users to a group.
- Indicate whether you want to Add to a new group and provide a group name or Add to an existing group and select the desired group.
- Click Add selected learners to group.
Once the group is created, you can:
- Filter the list by group.
- Add new members to the group.
- Remove members from the group.
- Edit the group.
When in the course, learners can choose to send posts to their group.