Dawn's administrator view provides a lot of useful data about your website. Depending on what administrator permissions you have, you can see up to seven screens:
- Site management (Root/Site admins only).
The Download icon means you can save whatever data you are currently viewing as a spreadsheet.
Types of Administrators in Dawn
There are two types of administrators in Dawn:
Root/Site Administrators have access to and control over every aspect of a Dawn Learning Site. These permissions are automatically given to the user who created the site. In Site Management, Root/Site Administrators can brand the site and make changes to the account. Only Root/Site Administrators can create the purchase orders for organizational use once contracts are signed outside of the Dawn system.
- Use purchase orders to create enrollments for their members.
- View progress of those enrollments.
This screen lists all the courses in your site and summarizes the follow for each course:
- How many subscriptions have been Purchased.
- How many learners have been Certified.
- How many learners remain Uncertified.
- How many learners are Inactive (by default, a learner is set to Inactive after two weeks without progress).
- The Average Progress.
- The Max Streak, meaning the number of consecutive days any learner has been active in the course.
- The Average Streak.
- The Average Percentage Watched.
- The Average Video Watched (determined by Minutes of video watched / Number of enrolled students).
You can click on any course to access its Enrollments screen which provides the following data for all learners in the course:
- Percentage earned toward Certification.
- Points achieved.
- Hours of Video watched.
- Last activity date.
- Longest streak in days.
- Length of each learner's Last streak in days.
- Access to each learner's feed which shows their Actions (conversations, submissions, etc.) in the course.
You can click on any learner for a more detailed summary of their progress in the course.
- Hourglass means a section is partially-completed.
- Circle means a section has not been started.
- Check means a section is completed.
- Graph arrow indicates what number of points have been earned.
- Clock indicates the amount of video watched.
- Conversation bubbles show the number of interactions completed.
The Learners screen lists everyone that has been invited to join your website, whether they are enrolled in a course or not.
From this screen, you can:
- Invite others join your site.
- Access each learner's feed, which shows their Actions (conversations, submissions, etc.) in the course.
Use the more menu to:
- Delete learners to remove them from your site.
- Edit the learner's user settings.
- Review each learners progress and course statistics, including:
- Status (Invited, Activated, Inactive).
- Number of Courses enrolled in.
- Average progress.
- Last studied date.
- Number of Conversations participated in.
- Hours of Video watched.
- Average streak in days.
- Number of Projects submitted.
- Click a learner to see statistics broken down by course, and then click each course to see which course interactions the learner has completed in that course.
You can click on a user to see more details about their learning progress and enroll them in other courses.
The Organizations screen is set up for entities, like school districts or businesses, that want to purchase course enrollments in bulk for their members.
Organization Administrators can use purchase orders to create enrollments for their members and track the progress of those enrollments. Site administrators create the purchase orders for organization use when contracts are signed outside of the Dawn system.
On the Administrators screen, you can:
- Add administrators to your site.
- Remove existing administrators.
- Review current administrators' feed.
On the Coaches screen, you can:
- Add coaches to your site.
- Remove existing coaches.
- Review current coaches' feed.
Site management (Root/Site Administrators only)
Dawn enables you to build a branded experience for your learners (only Root/Site admins have access to this tab).
With the Site management tab, you can edit your website's basic information, including:
- Website Title
- Website identifier (URL Address)
- Application languages (languages your website is available in)
- Default language
- Google Analytics tracking ID (training from Google)
- Billing and account information
- Company name
- Company description
- User agreement and the ability to require users to accept it on first login (your site includes a standard agreement, but we recommend you tailor it to your site's needs)
- Site footer
- Help address (where your learners can go for support)
- Contact information (found under the Branding card)
The Branding card allows you to control the look and feel of your site:
- Theme allows you to choose a two-color color scheme that is applied throughout your site.
- Favicon allows you to upload graphic files to be used in internet browser tabs. Directions and resources to help you generate your files are included in the dialog.
- Icon allows you to upload your desired icon (300 x 300), which is automatically inserted into your site.
- Logo lets you upload your logo (640 x 200), which is automatically in your main header an other places in your site.
- Banner lets you upload an image (800 x 200) that appears on your About page.
- Landing page allows you to download all the components your landing page in a zip file.
Dawn includes a variety of templated messages that are automatically sent when certain actions or events take place to help administer the site. These messages can be customized and localized into the language of your choice.
Publisher features are not standard for Dawn sites, and are only enabled on a custom basis.
Publishers are any entity that wants to create content under one name.
They can create course content, manage who can author or coach their courses, and have their own branded publisher page in the course catalog. Publisher Administrators manage the Stripe payment mechanism for their courses.
The Publishers screen lists the Avatar, Company name, and Email of each publisher with authoring permissions on your site. By adding additional publishers to your website, you can offer a broader selection of courses.
- View courses published courses with enrolled learners.
- View learner information and invite new learners to join.
- View publishers that they are administrators in.
- View and add other administrators to the publisher.
- View and add authors (including themselves) to the publisher.
- View and add coaches (including themselves) to the publisher.
On this screen, you can:
Select a publisher to:
To create a new publisher, provide the publisher's:
- Avatar (use dimensions 300x300)
- Logo (use dimensions 640x200)
- Banner (use dimensions 848x300)
- Description (click the help button for formatting instructions, and enable Preview with the toggle).
- Catalog page short link (add a single word to the provided URL to create a custom URL for this Publisher catalog).
Click Add publisher.
The Edit screen allows you to make changes to the elements added when you created the publisher.
Edit payment information
Use the Edit payment information screen to Connect with Stripe payment or make changes that sync.