Types of Administrators in Dawn
There are two types of administrators in Dawn:
- Root/Site Administrators have access to and control over every aspect of a Dawn Learning Site. These permissions are automatically given to the user who created the site. In Site Management, Root/Site Administrators can brand the site and make changes to the account. Only Root/Site Administrators can create the purchase orders for organizational use once contracts are signed outside of the Dawn system. Learn more: Create your Dawn Learning Site (Root/Site Admin Guide)
Organization Administrators can:
- Use purchase orders to create enrollments for their members.
- View progress of those enrollments.
Use Dawn's administration tools
Open the administration tools by clicking the gear icon in the toolbar.
Dawn's administration tools provide a lot of useful data about your website. Depending on what administrator permissions you have, you can see up to eight screens:
Site management (Root/Site Administrators only)
Dawn enables you to build a branded experience for your learners (only Root/Site admins have access to this tab).
With the Site management tab, you can edit your website's basic information, including:
- Website Title, Identifier, Address, Application languages, and Default language
- Billing and account information
- Company details
- Branding and Landing page
- Contact information
- Message templates
- User attributes
From the Catalog screen, you can:
- Create new catalog entries
- Edit existing catalog entries.
- Click on any catalog entry to open its enrollment screen.
- Use the Actions menu to view the catalog entry as a learner, duplicate a catalog entry, copy a catalog entry to another website, or delete a catalog entry.
- Download learner reports.
- Review, create, or edit Coupons.
This screen lists all the catalog entries in your site and summarizes the follow for each:
- How many subscriptions have been Purchased.
- How many learners have been Certified.
- How many learners remain Uncertified.
- How many learners are Inactive (by default, a learner is set to Inactive after two weeks without progress).
- The Average mastery.
- The Average time spent.
- The Average percentage watched.
- The Average Video Watched (determined by Minutes of video watched / Number of enrolled students).
- The Max Streak, meaning the number of consecutive days any learner has been active.
- The Average Streak.
Catalog > Enrollments screen
You can click on any catalog entry to access its Enrollments screen and see their:
- Percentage earned toward Certification.
- Points achieved.
- Hours of Video watched.
- Last activity date.
- Longest streak in days.
- Length of each learner's Last streak in days.
- Access to each learner's feed which shows their Actions (conversations, submissions, etc.).
On this screen, you can:
- Search and filter by Group and/or show only Learners needing interventions and Active enrollments.
- Batch edit enrollment dates by checking the boxes next to the enrollments you want to edit, and clicking the pencil icon.
- Batch delete enrollments by checking the boxes next to the enrollments you want to edit, and clicking the garbage can icon.
Create and manage groups:
- When Everyone is chosen in the Group dropdown, you can check the boxes next to learners you want to add to groups.
- When a group is chosen in the Group dropdown, you can click this button to search for and add other learners to the selected group.
- Schedule group sessions.
- Review summaries of questionnaire results from all respondents.
- View the catalog entry's Feed.
- Send email in bulk to all shown learners.
- Add enrollments in bulk.
- Use the action menu to delete enrollments or edit enrollments (including which organizations have the rights to see an enrollment and edit an Enrollment expiration date).
- Click an enrollment to see detailed progress.
- Edit which additional columns (based on custom user attributes) you want to show (only shown columns are included in downloaded reports).
The Learners screen lists everyone that has been invited to join your website, whether they are enrolled or not.
From this screen, you can:
- Invite others join your site.
- Access each learner's feed, which shows their Actions (conversations, submissions, etc.).
Use the action menu to:
- Delete learners to remove them from your site.
- Edit the learner's user settings.
- Review each learners progress and statistics, including:
- Status (Invited, Activated, Inactive).
- Number of catalog Enrollments.
- Average mastery.
- Last studied date.
- Number of Conversations participated in.
- Time spent.
- Hours of Video watched.
- Number of Projects submitted.
- Number of coaching Sessions and Session time spent.
- Average streak in days.
- Click a learner to see statistics broken down by enrollment.
Learners > Enrollments, Coach feed, and Live events screens
Clicking on a learner opens their Enrollments screen, where you can:
- The learner's Coach feed, including coach interactions and feedback. You can post to the feed if you have coaching permissions.
- The learner's Live events, both past and upcoming.
On the Administrators screen, you can:
- Add administrators to your site.
- Use the Actions menu to
- View the administrator's feed.
- Remove the administrator.
On the Coaches screen, you can:
- Add coaches to your site.
- Use the Actions menu to:
- View the coach's feed.
- Make changes to the catalog entry the author is assigned to.
- Edit the coach's availability for face-to-face coaching sessions.
- Remove the coach.
The Organizations screen is set up for entities, like school districts or businesses, that want to purchase enrollments in bulk for their members.
Organization Administrators can use purchase orders to create enrollments for their members and track the progress of those enrollments. Site administrators create the purchase orders for organization use when contracts are signed outside of the Dawn system.
Publisher features are not standard for Dawn sites, and are only enabled on a custom basis.
Publishers are any entity that wants to create content under one name.
They can create content, manage who can author or coach, and have their own branded publisher page in the catalog. Publisher Administrators manage the Stripe payment mechanism for their enrollments.
The Publishers screen lists the Avatar, Company name, and Email of each publisher with authoring permissions on your site. By adding additional publishers to your website, you can offer a broader selection.
- View catalog entries with enrolled learners.
- View learner information and invite new learners to join.
- View publishers that they are administrators in.
- View and add other administrators to the publisher.
- View and add authors (including themselves) to the publisher.
- View and add coaches (including themselves) to the publisher.
On this screen, you can:
Select a publisher to:
To create a new publisher, provide the publisher's:
- Avatar (use dimensions 300x300)
- Logo (use dimensions 640x200)
- Banner (use dimensions 848x300)
- Description (click the help button for formatting instructions, and enable Preview with the toggle).
- Catalog page short link (add a single word to the provided URL to create a custom URL for this Publisher catalog).
Click Add publisher.
The Edit screen allows you to make changes to the elements added when you created the publisher.
Edit payment information
Use the Edit payment information screen to Connect with Stripe payment or make changes that sync.