As the Root Admin, you have access to and control over every aspect of your Dawn Learning Site.
This guide will help you learn about Dawn as you:
1. Brand your Dawn Learning Site
First, you'll want to make sure your site looks professional. Dawn enables you to easily build a branded experience for your learners (only Root admins have access to this tab).
To brand your site, make sure you're in the Administrator view and complete the fields on the Site management screen.
2. Create a publisher account
Publishers are any entity that wants to create content under one name.
They can create course content, manage who can author or coach their courses, and have their own branded publisher page in the course catalog. Publisher Administrators manage the individual payer mechanism for their courses.
You have create at least one publisher account for yourself. After that, you can create other partner publishers as well.
The Publishers screen lists the Avatar, Company name, and Email of each publisher with authoring permissions on your site. By adding additional publishers to your website, you can offer a broader selection of courses.
On this screen, you can:
Select a publisher to:
- Give existing site users roles (Administrator, Author, or Coach) within the selected publisher. Click the Add [plus sign] icon and search for the user you want to give the role to. If you can't find the user, invite them to your site.
- Remove Administrators, Authors, and Coaches from the publisher.
- Review user feeds for Administrators, Authors, and Coaches.
3. Add payment information for publishers
Courses can be paid for in two ways:
- Individual payer: By default, Dawn is designed to allow learners to purchase courses from publishers by connecting with a Stripe, We Chat Pay, or Alipay account.
- District/Organizational purchase orders: You can enroll students in bulk and pay for enrollments with a purchase order if you set up an Organization (covered in Set up Organizations).
4. Invite individual learners to join
Admins can invite people to join their site with the Learners screen. Anyone who needs access to your site (Administrators, Authors, Coachers, or Learners) needs to be invited.
5. Set up Organizations
Organizations are entities, like school districts or businesses, that want to purchase course enrollments in bulk for their members, so the members don't have to pay for them individually.
Organization Administrators can use purchase orders to create enrollments for their members and track the progress of those enrollments. Site administrators create the purchase orders for organization use when contracts are signed outside of the Dawn system.
On this screen, you can:
Add organizations, providing:
- Avatar (300x300)
- Edit organization information.
- Delete organizations.
- Click an organization to review and edit Administrators, Enrollments, and Purchase orders.
On the Administrators screen, you can:
- Make existing Dawn users Organization Administrators. If you can't find the user, invite them to your site.
- Review user feeds.
- Remove Administrators from the Organization.