Release Notes (2019-11-07; v3.0.146) - Preview the new Editor!
A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.146 available on November 7, 2019.
Preview the updated Editor!
Note: These updates will become standard on August 6, 2020.
As you may have noticed, we've been giving the Buzz UI a bit of a facelift. Today, we're releasing the updated Editor tool for you to preview!
To ease the transition, your editor will remain the same by default, but admins can turn on the updated tool for their domains using a Feature switch.
All of your tools and workflows remain unchanged other than appearance, but a couple of small differences are worth noting:
- The Syllabus side panels are still collapsable, but we've moved the expand/collapse buttons from the top of the screen to the bottom.
- We've moved the "Add to folder" button in the Syllabus up next to the folder icon.
Switching on the new Editor impacts the following screens:
In this release, we also added the ability to duplicate Agendas to different days within and across courses.
In this release, we:
- Updated fill-in-the-blank questions to add a space before questions when they are automatically placed at the end of the question.
- Updated the Needs Grading screen, so that teachers can no longer unassign activities there.
- Fixed an issue where opening a course link to a drop box activity from another drop box activity would deactivate the rich text editor.
- Fixed an issue where too much whitespace would sometimes be on the Course Home > Activities tree.
- Fixed an issue where the “Choose an activity” slots would not update without refresh after removing a choice activity.
- Fixed an issue where the rich text editor would move offscreen on Wiki activities when navigating between Wiki posts.
- Fixed an issue where adding a space after a fill-in-the blank answer would cause the answer to be marked wrong.
- Fixed issues with the layout of the rich text editor after exiting fullscreen mode in the activity editor.
- Updated the activity editor to display new activity icons to match the new Activity Player.
- Improved field update response on the New Course dialogue when switching between Range and Traditional course options.
- Updated the Clipboard to list students in alphabetical order when added.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Announcements screen when already on it would remove focus from the selected announcement.
- Updated the tools in Buzz to always display the course title before the tool title.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Main Menu to appear skewed sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where a background color was displayed behind activity icons on the Needs Grading screen when high contrast theme was turned on.
- [Edge Specific] Fixed an issue where grid lines were not appearing on the Teacher > Gradebook > Unit Summary screen in the Edge browser.
- Updated the Teacher > Gradebook >Unity Summary screen to truncate long activity titles.
- Updated the Activity Grader to scroll above the footer when entering scores with the Quick Grader.
- Fixed an issue where inactive enrollments were not being included in score exports.
- Fixed an issue in the Grade Editor where passage text was not displayed when there were questions associated with the passage.
- Fixed an issue where test analytics sometimes wouldn't always display results for all students in the course.
- Fixed an issue where some HTML character codes (° , , etc.) were displaying in equations instead of their character equivalents.
- Fixed an issue where an error message would be incorrectly displayed after a student deselects a choice activity and closes the player.
Updates in version 2019.11.07.4124.
- General system improvements.