A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.140 available on September 26, 2019.
New course management tools for Teachers!
Teachers! Look at some cool things we did for you:
- Added a List view option to your Home page, so you can toggle between a grid and list format.
- Added the ability to create course nicknames to help you manage and keep track of courses (nicknames appear for you only).
- Added shortcuts to the Course cards allowing you to Hide course and Create a copy of a course. To open, click the More menu in the bottom left corner.
We also introduced a simpler way to create courses with a new, intuitive wizard!
Based on feedback we received about our recent updates to the Gradebook, we have:
- Added alternating shading to rows in the Gradebook to help users track the data.
- Adjusted the columns in the Gradebook to allow more data to appear on the screen.
- Removed the additional content tabs that we added to the Grade editor last week, and restored the single Content tab that includes all gradable content, submissions, forum posts, rubric, etc.
- Improved the performance of importing IMS packages.
- Updated Digital Library screens (where they appear in the Clipboard and Self-assigned tasks) to match the new Buzz material design UI.
In this release, we:
- [Old Activity Player] Fixed an issue where double scrollbars would appear on the Activity Player when User Notes was enabled.
- [New Activity Player] Fixed an issue in the Activity Player where closing a blog or journal's edit-post window would close the Activity Player dialog.
- [New Activity Player] Fixed an issue where external course links sometimes did not open when you click them.
- [New Activity Player] Fixed an issue where clicking Submit on a Practice Questions activity that is a course link would close the course-link window.
- [New Activity Player] Fixed an issue where assessments with multiple passage questions would not always render properly.
- Fixed an issue where grade weights for essay questions would not calculate correctly when using a grading rubric.
- Fixed an issue where students were sometimes unable to see assessment questions rubric feedback.
- Fixed an issue where, if an assessment had multiple companion materials attached, they sometimes wouldn't load properly.
- Fixed an incorrect link in the Domain ID column on the user permission-list screen.
- Fixed an issue in the Grade Editor feedback screen and in the Dropbox where images were automatically set to 300 pixels wide when added. Now, no automatic sizing is applied.
- Fixed an issue where passing scores entered using the Quick Edit tool in the Gradebook were sometimes shown in red (the color that indicates failing).
- Fixed an issue where the Grade Editor would sometimes show an empty preview for student-attached Google Drive files that Google does not allow to be viewed directly in Buzz.
- Fixed a styling issue where the Allow Retry button was covered by student name in the Grade Editor > Submission History.
- Fixed an issue that caused audible feedback distortion when recording video from the Dropbox or Grade Editor.
- Fixed an issue where an inserted feedback template was sometimes not saved for the student by the Grade Editor.
- Fixed an issue where the Gradebook would sometimes have unpredictable scrolling and editing behavior when entering scores using the Quick Edit tool.
- Updated the Grade Editor, so you can now select Allow Retry immediately after entering a score for an unsubmitted assessment or dropbox activity.
Updates in version 2019.09.24.4061.
- General system improvements.