In July 2020, the Author view was made part of the Administrator view, and no longer appears as a standalone view option. Admins with authoring permissions now select the Administrator view > Courses screen. From here they can build and edit courses and review learner reports.
In order to add coaches to a course, you must:
2. Give users the coach role
- Sign in and Switch to Administrator View using the user menu or the button on your homepage. If you don't see this option, you don't have administrator permissions.
- Open the Coaches screen and click the Add coach button.
- Find the user and click Add coach.
- From the Assigned courses dropdown, select any existing course(s) that you want this user to have coach permissions for.
- Check Allow coach to be scheduled for sessions and provide the relevant timezone to enable coach scheduling for this coach.
- Click Add coach for existing users and Invite new user if not.
Note: You can change which courses an author has access in two ways:
Add a coach to a course
- Sign in and Switch to Administrator View using the user menu or the button on your homepage. If you don't see this option, you don't have author permissions.
- Open the Courses screen and select the course you want to add the coach to.
- Click Coaches in the Settings menu, and check the boxes next to the desired coach(es). If the desired coach doesn't appear, they need to be added as a coach.