A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.123 available on July 18, 2019.
Coming in July: App Chooser, Resource Libraries, and a New Buzz Activity Player!
New Activity Player sneak peak!
Last week, we made the new Activity Player available to anyone who wants to turn it on, try it out, and ask questions/provide feedback. Contact your account manager or Agilix Support for details!
- Brand, personalize, and delight students with more Course Home page options
- Give students easier, more engaging, and organic navigation
- Provide a clean, useful activity workspace with autosave!
- Let students search for any activity in the course by name
- Give greater visibility into badges, mastery, and performance
We are excited to introduce it and let you try it out! Here’s our schedule:
- July 25, 2019: The new player will be available as a feature switch for all Buzz users and will be enabled by default. The feature switch is managed at a domain-level by administrators, but it can be turned off/on for individual teachers to try it out as they want.
- June 2020: The new player will become standard for all Buzz users, and the player currently in use will no longer be available.
Buzz toolbar and sub-toolbar color customization changes!
Currently, you can us CSS stylesheets to customize the colors of your Buzz:
On July 25, we will introduce an easier way to do this using the Text editor in Domain settings!
- Between July 25 and August 15, we will help you set up the new feature where necessary and remove existing CSS stylesheets.
- On August 22, we will sunset the old CSS stylesheet feature.
Please contact support or you account manager with any questions, concerns, or feedback.
In this release, we:
- Added a tooltip to entry names in dropdown lists. This allows a user to hover over the entry to see the full entry's name in case it is too long to be displayed in the dropdown list.
- Updated the Gradebook to match the new Buzz material design UI. Improvements include resized columns, scrolling, organizational control, and faster speeds:
- Sort by any column by clicking the header.
- Rearrange the order of columns (excluding the Name column) to make your workspace most efficient for your process. To move a column, click the cell above its header and drag it to the desired location.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where the first announcement may not display automatically when navigating to the Communication tool.
- Improved the display of previous saved LTI credentials (key/secret) in the Domain Settings.
- Fixed an issue where calculated scores disappeared after submitting grades in Final Grades.
- Fixed an issue where hashtag searches were not working with accented characters in the Resource Library.
- Fixed an issue where you could enter an invalid due date when self-assigning an activity. We also fixed a typo on that screen.
- Fixed an issue where trying to navigate to an activity from Grade Details in the Gradebook would not work.
- Fixed an issue where errors were not properly handled in the QuickNav.
Updates in version 2019.07.17.3922.
GetItem: Corrected the documentation to indicate that the
versionis a string in the response.
LTI Links: Fixed an issue where
custom_late_accept_flagwas incorrectly being sent to Turnitin for continuous courses.