How do I build a Resource library?
Resource libraries are collections of categorized content pages that are built at the domain level and can be searched, bookmarked, shared, and rated by users in all subdomains.
Admins with domain edit rights can create and manage multiple libraries and the pages found in them. For example, they might create one Resource library for teachers and admins called School Community Resources and another focused on science teachers called K-12 Science teachers.
1. Create Resource library
Only Admins can create Resource libraries.
To do so:
- Open the vertical menu in the toolbar of Domain Details.
- Select Domain Settings.
- On the Resource libraries card, click Add.
- Provide a library Title, click in Icon the field to choose the image you want to represent it from the Font Awesome Pro library, and select which Applications in you domain have access to it (Admin, Observer, Student, and/or Teacher).
- Libraries can be organized using Categories and Page types.
Categories are subsections of the broader library. For example, if K-12 Science teachers is you library, you may want categories like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- To add a Category, you simply need to provide the Name as you want it to appear in the library.
Page types to indicate the nature of the content. For instance, you may want to indicate what the page is used for (e.g., Teacher resources, Activities, Group assignments), or maybe you want to indicate the kind of file or media (e.g., Video, PDF, Image, Link).
- To add a Page type, provide the Name and choose the Icon and Color you want it to use.
- Click Done and Save the Domain settings.
The new Resource library now appears in the App chooser for all of the selected applications.
2. Design your Resource library Welcome page
When you open your Resource library, you will see a message that says Welcome to [Resource library title]. This is your Welcome page, and you can customize it by:
- Clicking Edit Welcome page.
- Use the rich text editor to design your page and Save.
3. Add pages to the Resource library
Only admins with domain editing permissions can add, edit, and delete content pages in a Resource Library.
To add pages:
- Open the Resource Library you want to add to from your App chooser. This Resource Library is titled School Community Resources.
- Click the Create Page button in the toolbar. If you don't see this option and should, contact your system admin about your permissions.
- Provide the following information:
- Page Title as you want it displayed to users.
- Category(s) that you want the page to be included in (you created these in Step 6 above).
- Type of content you want the page marked as (you created these in Step 7 above). Users can filter by this value.
- Whether you want the page Featured, meaning it appears at the top of the category with a star.
- Description of the page that appears for users as they browse pages. You can create keywords within the Description field's text with hashtags—written with a # symbol. If you want users to be able to search for a phrase, like Science Project, remove the space between the words: #scienceproject.
- Add Attachments that you want included with the page.
- Page Content is the main content intended for users.
- Click Save.
The page now appears in the library.
4. Browse, filter, and search the Resource Library
To find pages:
- Open the Resource Library you want to add to from your App chooser.
- This is the Welcome page. From anywhere in the library, you can click your library title in the upper lefthand corner to return here.
- Use the Search field to search the entire library and then Filter the search results.
- Click Create page to build new pages.
- Review and select Featured, New, Bookmarked, and Edited pages.
- Select a category from the Browse a category card to see the pages in that category.
- When you select a category, you can:
- Use the Search field to search the pages in that category.
- Add filters and/or Clear filters for the displayed results.
- Select a page by clicking on it.
- Use hashtag terms to ease your search if you've set them up.
- When you select a page, you can:
- Review the page content.
- Edit Page content (if you have domain edit permissions).
- Delete Page (if you have domain edit permissions).
- Click the Share icon to get a reference number which will automatically pull up this page when entered in the Search field.
- Bookmark the page.