A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.122 available on July 11, 2019.
Coming in July: App Chooser, Resource Libraries, and a New Buzz Activity Player!
New Activity Player sneak peak!
The new Activity Player is now available to anyone who wants to turn it on, try it out, and ask questions/provide feedback. Contact your account manager or Agilix Support for details!
- Brand, personalize, and delight students with more Course Home page options
- Give students easier, more engaging, and organic navigation
- Provide a clean, useful activity workspace with autosave!
- Let students search for any activity in the course by name
- Give greater visibility into badges, mastery, and performance
We are excited to introduce it and let you try it out! Here’s our schedule:
- July 25, 2019: The new player will be available as a feature switch for all Buzz users and will be enabled by default. The feature switch is managed at a domain-level by administrators, but it can be turned off/on for individual teachers to try it out as they want.
- June 2020: The new player will become standard for all Buzz users, and the player currently in use will no longer be available.
Buzz toolbar and sub-toolbar color customization changes!
Currently, you can us CSS stylesheets to customize the colors of your Buzz:
On July 25, we will introduce an easier way to do this using the Text editor in Domain settings!
- Between July 25 and August 15, we will help you set up the new feature where necessary and remove existing CSS stylesheets.
- On August 22, we will sunset the old CSS stylesheet feature.
Please contact support or you account manager with any questions, concerns, or feedback.
In this release, we:
- Made general accessibility improvements to the app.
- Added a hint to the color chooser advising users to avoid colors that are too light.
- Updated reset password message to read:
A reset message has been sent to [email].
If you do not recognize this email address, you may have entered an incorrect username and should reach out to your system administrator.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where administrators were sometimes unable to save an edited enrollment.
- Fixed an issue where the announcement screen would display announcements from a different course when filtered for a course with no announcements.
- Fixed an issue where the rich-text editor would sometimes display the text Type something when it was read-only.
- Fixed an issue where editing content with embed codes (like YouTube videos) wouldn't display correctly if they had been added using the previous version of Buzz (v2).
- Fixed an issue where users could not upload activity instructions while filtering by group.
- Clarified the messaging users receive on the login screen when trying to register an account with a username that already exists.
- Fixed a typo in the assessment editor.
- Fixed an issue where admins were unable to remove course subscriptions in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a console error and related screen artifacts that would sometimes display over tooltips when a teacher or admin viewed a gradable activity in the Activities tool.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to communication page from toolbar as an Observer resulted in switching of apps.
Updates in version 2019.07.11.3911.
- General system improvements.