Here's a quick overview of some exciting new features coming in July! Try them out and free to provide feedback, so we can continue to improve the learning experience in Buzz!
We are introducing a better way to navigate between the apps within Buzz!
The new App Chooser will appear next to Help in your toolbar. Use it to navigate between student, teacher, admin, and parent/observer apps, as well as to open any resource libraries you create.
We are also expanding access to our new Resource library feature!
Resource libraries are collections of categorized content pages that are built at the domain level and can be searched, bookmarked, shared, and rated by users in all subdomains.
Admins can create and manage multiple libraries and the pages found in them. For example, they might create one Resource library for teachers and admins called School Community Resources and another focused on science teachers called K-12 Science Resources.
Select partners have been using the libraries, and we now want to give broader access to the feature.
New Buzz Activity Player!
We are making significant enhancements to the student experience in Buzz with a brand new Activity player! The new Activity player will provide easier navigation, improved engagement with animations and visual polish, better visibility into earned Badges, and a whole lot more.
We are excited to introduce it and let you try it out! Here’s our schedule:
- July 11, 2019: The new player will be made available to anyone who wants to turn it on, try it out, and ask questions/provide feedback. Contact your account manager or Agilix Support for details.
- July 25, 2019: The new player will be available as a feature switch for all Buzz users and will be enabled by default. The feature switch is managed at a domain-level by administrators, but it can be turned off/on for individual teachers to try it out as they want.
- August 6, 2020: The new player will become standard for all Buzz users, and the player currently in use will no longer be available.
We will share more details and documentation in the coming weeks. If you have any questions or would like to try this feature before July 11, contact your account manager or Agilix Support.
User Notes to Become a Standard Feature
Buzz's User Notes experimental feature that allows teachers and students create notes and attach them to courses, folders, and activities, will become a standard feature on July 25.
- Teachers: How do I add User Notes to courses, folders, and activities?
- Students: How do I add User Notes to courses, folders, and activities?
A big thanks to everyone that provided such positive and valuable feedback!