The QuickNav tool allows you to quickly navigate to any screen in Buzz from wherever you are in the application! This includes activities!
- Teachers and students can jump to enrollments and activities, or click on any of the screens listed to jump to them.
- Admins can search by ID, domain name, course name, or user name and jump to the desired screen, or click on any of the screens listed and jump to them.
To use QuickNav,
- Press F1 or ctrl+o. In the Admin app, you can use the QuickNav (magnifying glass) icon on the toolbar.
- Type the name of the screen/tool/activity you want to jump to, and the list is automatically filtered. You can use codes to refine the search.
- Select or click on the screen you want to navigate to.
Use codes to refine navigation searches
Add codes or modifiers to make your navigation searches more precise.
Teachers and students can place the & symbol in front of search content to search by activity name. Example: &Geometry Quiz 1
Admins have more options. They can:
- Place the # symbol in front of search content to search by ID.
- Example: #123456
- Place the $ symbol in front of search content to search by domain name.
- Example: $Cedar District
- Place the % symbol in front of search content search by course name.
- Example: %Geometry
- Place the @ symbol in front of search content to search by user name.
- Example: @Jamie
- Place the @! symbols in front of search content to search by user name in all domains. Each search result includes the domain the user is a part of in parentheses.
- Example search: @!Jamie
- Example result: Jamie (Cedar District)
- Note: Using this code doesn't allow for automatic stemming (adding wildcards), so use the full user name in your search. Jam may not return any records, but Jamie will.