A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.104 available on March 14, 2019.
Creating courses with the Admin app is now even easier!
Our create New Course wizard now walks you through every step of the process.
Password Policy updates: Phase 1
As previously announced, we are in the process of implementing security updates to Buzz's default password policy in two phases.
Today we are releasing Phase 1 of this process with the application of the following rules:
- The setting Number of unsuccessful login attempts before lockout will be set to 10 attempts. This means that if a user enters an incorrect password 10 consecutive times, their account will be locked. For their account to be unlocked, an administrator must reset the users lockout (see How do I override password lockout for a user?) or the user must wait until their lockout expires.
- The setting Lockout duration will be set to 1 hour (PT1H). This means that if a user has a lockout due to unsuccessful login attempts, they will not be able to login again until 1 hour after the lockout began.
Watch for updates here and in upcoming release notes.
In this release, we:
- Added a missing validation error message in the Badge Editor.
- Resolved an issue with allowing students to see "peers who have completed course activities" (Peer Help) Domain Setting.
- Fixed an issue in Course Settings where removing a newly created variable would also remove the last variable in the list.
- Fixed an issue in Course Settings where the Edit Variable form's "Done" button was enabled when there were errors on the form.
- Fixed an issue where replacing an IEP file with a new file with the same filename would not be detected as a change, thus wouldn't enable the Save button.
- Fixed an issue where users couldn't use the Back button to navigate from a third-party activity to the Needs Grading page.
- Resolved a background, display-style issue with Gradebook > For Me screens.
- Fixed an issue where an admin was able to save an IEP without having uploaded a file.
- Updated various screens in the Admin app to reflect the material design updates in the Buzz UI, including:
Updates in version 2019.03.13.3665. Learn more.
- General system maintenance