A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v3.0.103 available on March 7, 2019.
New, Enhanced Metadata fields for courses and users!
We have enhanced the metadata options that can be applied to users and courses, giving admins the power to better manage subdomains. For example, an admin can create a required metadata field and then include it as a filter option for easy searching.
The following metadata options can now be applied to course and user metadata:
- Read-only in subdomains: Check this box if you want the metadata to appear in subdomains, but not be editable.
- Hidden in subdomains: Check this box if you don't want the metadata to appear in subdomains.
- Required when editing: Check this box if you want the field to be required.
Include metadata filter in list view: Check this box if you want this to appear as a filter various screens in the Admin app.
- If you select this:
- Indicate the List-view column width (in pixels).
- Indicate whether you want to Include metadata filter in list view and, if so, provide the Default filter value. If you do not specify a value, then the list is not filtered by that metadata field.
- The filter appears in various screens in the Admin app.
- If you select this:
Which screens are impacted by enhanced User and Course metadata?
Selecting the Include metadata column in list view option makes the filter appears on the following screens:
- The Courses tool list.
- The Users tool list.
- The Course settings editor.
- The User settings editor.
- The Course and User pickers that appear in Create Enrollment screens and Report creation screens:
In this release, we also:
- Updated the New User, Edit User, New Enrollment, and Edit Enrollment screens in the Admin app to reflect the material design updates in the Buzz UI.
- Updated list screens throughout the app to show a Sort icon and on opening a list screen. Users can click the sorting icon to swap the order. This update is included in the following screens:
- Gradebook > Activity Grader
- Gradebook > For Me
- Gradebook > Unit Summary
- Teacher > People
- Student Gradebook > Gradebook Home
- Teacher > Past Courses
- Gradebook > Assigned Activities
- Teacher > Dashboard
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where changes made in Domain Settings and saved could take a few minutes to reflect the new settings.
- Fixed an issue where the derivative course changes window was the wrong size.
- Fixed an issue where the rollover popup tool tip for the vertical [more] menu in the Admin toolbar wasn't appearing.
- Fixed an issue where the Student Dropbox dropdown menu was not appearing when creating a gradable activity in the Clipboard.
- Fixed an issue in the metadata editor where the insert image button was being displayed where it should not have been.
- Fixed an issue where the Domain settings > Text editor > Domain customization tab may not have displayed all available data.
Updates in version 2019.03.05.3640. Learn more.
GetPasswordPolicy: Added a new attribute,
bypasscache, to determine whether or not to bypass the cache for this retrieval. For example, when displaying the policy for editing, bypass the cache to be sure the latest value is what is edited.
For Admins: How do I create User Metadata fields?