To create a new course with Dawn:
- Open the Administration > Catalog screen.
- Click Create course.
- Course Title.
- The Template you want to use (as an author, you can make your courses into templates to use when creating new courses). Choose the Dawn Basic Template to use a wizard to build simple courses.
- Click Create.
Dawn's course editor
Along the left side of Dawn's authoring tool is the menu of components that can be edited. The right panel displays cards where authors can edit and add content to build the course.
The left menu is made up of two main menus:
The Settings menu is on top, and includes:
- Settings, including course title, cover image, and authors.
- Catalog details, like price, promotional messaging and videos, and descriptions.
- Coaches and coach scheduling.
- Mastery details, like required mastery rewards and certificate.
- Resource library, including instructional videos and supplemental content.
- Learning materials that are included.
- Sections overview where you can review and add content.
- The Table of contents is below, and you use it to build instructional content.