In July 2020, the Author view was made part of the Administrator view, and no longer appears as a standalone view option. Admins with authoring permissions now select the Administrator view > Courses screen. From here they can build and edit courses and review learner reports.
To create a new course with Dawn:
- Open the Administrator view > Courses screen.
- Click Create course.
- Course Title.
- The Publisher name.
- The Template you want to use (as an author, you can make your courses into templates to use when creating new courses). Choose the Dawn Basic Template to use a wizard to build simple courses.
- Click Create.
Dawn's course editor
Along the left side of Dawn's authoring tool is the menu of components that can be edited. The right panel displays cards where authors can edit and add content to build the course.
The left menu is made up of two main menus:
The Settings menu is on top, and includes:
- Settings, including course title, cover image, and authors.
- Catalog details, like price, promotional messaging and videos, and descriptions.
- Coaches and coach scheduling.
- Mastery details, like required mastery rewards and certificate.
- Asset, including instructional videos and supplemental materials.
- Materials that are included.
- Sections overview where you can review and add content.
- The Content menu is below, and you use it to build instructional content.