A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version v2.0.164, available on August 2, 2018.
Buzz now has a Teacher Dashboard that aggregates and displays data about student performance, progress, and teacher responsiveness. Teachers can use it to easily prioritize tasks, evaluate student needs, and identify students who need additional attention or help!
In this release, we also:
- Enhanced Buzz's rich-text editor to allow the creation of links within Resource and Assignment activity types that lead to activities in the course that:
- Are designated as LTI activities.
- Should open in a new browser tab, so when an end-user clicks the link, the external, LTI-enabled site opens in the new browser tab.
- Added a Critical students filter to the People tool, so teachers can easily see which students are at risk of failing and may need additional attention.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where teachers of a course could not send email from the People tool to other teachers in the course.
- Fixed an issue where the Print button sometimes did not appear on the Student's All Grades or Performance tools when there were no active enrollments.
Updates in version 2018.08.02.3226. Learn more.
SendMail: Updated the API to no longer attempt to send an email if the recipient’s email address or sms address is an empty or blank value.
Course Variables: A new variable,
LTILINK:ITEMID, to launch an LTI activity in a new window.
- JSON responses: Fixed an issue where some JSON response could display improperly when there are multiple name-value pairs with the same name.