A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v2.0.158 and v3.0.56, available on June 7, 2018.
The new Buzz UI will be released on July 12!
As previously announced, we are excited to be releasing the new Buzz UI to all Buzz users on July 12, 2018.
The new Buzz UI provides:
- A more intuitive user experience built with Google's Material Design.
- Even more opportunities to customize the tool based on your users' needs and tech literacy.
- Opportunities to introduce new powerful features as you train your users and their skills and interests develop.
We believe the teachers, students, parents, and admins in your schools are going to love the updates, so be sure to spread the word so they're prepared for the change.
Learn more about what this change means for you.
The new Buzz UI introduces the Needs grading tool!
The Needs grading tool lists all of the activities that are ready to be graded from all of a teacher's courses. Teachers open it directly from the Main Menu and grade activities right inside of it!
In this release, we fixed an issue where Export Scores would export rolled-up course grades instead of period grades when a grading period was selected.
New Buzz UI
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience!
The release notes in this section pertain only to those using the new Buzz UI.
New Buzz UI updates
In this release, we:
- Improved accessibility by enabling left- and right-arrow keys to navigate among buttons in horizontal toolbars Updated the Teacher, Student, and Observer/Parent apps to provide notifications when enrollments begin.
- Updated search results to show 50 hits instead of 25 in the search tool; Buzz displays a status message if a search reaches that limit.
New Buzz UI fixed issues
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where Export Scores would export rolled-up course grades instead of period grades when a grading period was selected.
- Updated assessments to retain text highlights when students navigate away from a passage question.
- Updated assessments to retain highlighted question text when students navigate it using Review.
- Updated passage questions in assessments to allow students to attach notes.
- Fixed the styling in Course Settings to show long label names.
- Updated the field names in the Quick Edit tool to accommodate auto-suggestions from browsers.
Updates in version 2018.06.06.3143. Learn more.
GetUserActivityStream: Fixed an issue that prevented
StudentEnrollmentBeganObservernotifications from being sent.