A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v2.0.157 and v3.0.55, available on May 31, 2018.
The new Buzz UI will be released on July 12!
As previously announced, we are excited to be releasing the new Buzz UI to all Buzz users on July 12, 2018.
The new Buzz UI provides:
- A more intuitive user experience built with Google's Material Design.
- Even more opportunities to customize the tool based on your users' needs and tech literacy.
- Opportunities to introduce new powerful features as you train your users and their skills and interests develop.
We believe the teachers, students, parents, and admins in your schools are going to love the updates, so be sure to spread the word so they're prepared for the change.
Learn more about what this change means for you.
The new Buzz UI means notifications!
Just one of the new features you'll have access to upon switching to the new Buzz UI are notifications. Teachers, students, and parents can get SMS and email notifications about activity in Buzz!
To learn more about the new Buzz UI, visit: Introducing the new Buzz UI!
In this release, we added messaging informing students when they're trying to start an assessment that has no questions.
New Buzz UI
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience!
The release notes in this section pertain only to those using the new Buzz UI.
New Buzz UI updates
We've enhanced the student experience with assessments!
To enhance the assessment experience, Buzz now allows students to highlight text, eliminate multiple choice answers, take notes, and review and filter questions all while completing an assessment!
Learn more: How do I use assessment tools?
Teachers must enable these tools using the Assessment activity editor.
In this release, we:
- Gave parents/observers the ability to receive notifications for student enrollment status changes.
- Added messaging informing students when they're trying to start an assessment that has no questions.
New Buzz UI fixed issues
In this release, we:
- Updated the Editor > Activity list screen to retain search filter settings after a user selects a results and returns to the search screen.
- Fixed an issue where the menu Move Up button in the Editor > Syllabus would sometimes move an item more than one place when clicked only once.
- Updated the Editor > Syllabus > Objectives tab to retrain search filter settings after dragging an objective to align it with an item.
- Fixed an issue where Student Accommodation content would run outside of the frame if it got too long.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the Objectives Review link in an activity's grade details screen would not navigate students to other activities aligned with the same objectives, as expected.
- Fixed an issue where, when making a course template from a course with the "Inherit activity grading period from top-most folder" box selected, that selection would not be retained.
Updates in version 2018.05.30.3137. Learn more.
ExamFlags: New options for a student while they take an assessment. These include
SaveAttemptAnswers: A new attribute,
clientdata, for an application to store student data until the assessment is submitted.
Students: How do I use assessment tools?