A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in versions v2.0.153 and v3.0.51, available on May 10, 2018.
Change to student activity display
As of next Thursday (5/17/2018), Buzz will begin displaying student activity in the student Grades screen. Previously, if a student opened two activities at once, Buzz would display the time both activities were open as student activity. Starting next week, Buzz will only display the time spent in one activity (the most recently opened) to avoid double counting.
If you have any questions, please reach out to support and/or your Agilix account manager. We will provide more information with the release.
In this release, we fixed an issue where the activity player would incorrectly strip closed-captioning (track) elements from videos.
New Buzz UI
During the summer of 2017, we released a new Buzz UI, giving you the same features and functionality with a cleaner, simpler user experience!
The release notes in this section pertain only to those using the new Buzz UI.
New Buzz UI updates
In this release, we updated the Gradebook Quick Edit function to allow teachers to excuse student outcomes by entering an ‘X’ (in Multi-Outcome Scoring courses).
To do so:
- Open Gradebook > Activities tab.
- Select the activity you want to grade.
- Enable Quick-edit grading.
- Enter an X in an outcome's field to excuse it.
New Buzz UI fixed issues
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue where the activity player would incorrectly strip closed-captioning (track) elements from videos.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Go to grades' option was appearing in the Admin app's Enrollment Details screens for Teacher enrollments; this should only appear for Students.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a domain from customizing the header color in Buzz.
- Updated the Clipboard activity editor, so users can choose a Grading Period in the Clipboard > Activities tab and have it show on the Clipboard > Activities > Gradebook Settings screen as read-only data.
- Fixed an issue where inserting text after an image in the question editor sometimes would not work.
- Fixed an issue in the activity editor where attachment file names would sometimes not display.
- Fixed an issue where deleting and re-inserting images in the question editor sometimes would not work.
- Fixed an issue where activity editor's Activity Settings card could display both the option to choose a Grading Period and a message reading "No activity settings to display for this activity" at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where, in a course with "Inherit activity grading period from top-most folder" selected, moving a folder into another folder wouldn't automatically update the Grading Periods for the items in the moved folder to match the top-most folder.
- Fixed an issue where template courses wouldn't keep the "Inherit activity grading period from top-most folder" setting when used to start a new course.
- Updated activity editors to display the Period dropdown menu when the "Inherit activity grading period from top-most folder" option is selected.
- Resolved an issue with creating a choice activity with inherit activity grading period from top-most folder enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the "Lookup by ID" title text in the QuickNav window would sometimes disappear.
- Improved the user, course, and domain search results in Reports by alphabetically sorting the results and by increasing the number of results.
Updates in version 2018.05.10.3104. Learn more.
Gradesschema: Added attributes
typeto the schema.