How do I use the Course manager tool (for Base courses)?
Note: The Course manager tool appears only for Base courses. Because Base Courses are designed to be used for content creation and management for multiple Derivative courses, they must:
- Not have any student enrollments (they can have teacher and content author enrollments).
- Have at lease one Derivative course set up to inherit changes.
Learn more: How do I create and manage Base and Derivative courses?
The Course manager tool is designed for Base courses (and appears only when they are set up).
You can access it from:
- A Base Course Card.
- The Main Menu with the course selected.
The Course manager has three sections:
Course enrollments. Review and manage course enrollments. Enrollments should be limited to Teachers and other content authors.
To drop enrollments, check the box next to the enrollment and click Drop.
To create enrollments:
- Click Add.
- Select the desired Role from the dropdown.
- Use the Find user field to search by names, username, email, or ID.
- Once you've found the desired user, click Enroll.
Use the Course tools (Activities and Editor) to create, review, and manage settings, content, and activities for the Base course and its Derivative courses.