A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.79, available on December 1, 2016.
In this release, we:
- Changed the name of Homework activities to Practice Questions activities to better reflect how they work. Essay questions and workspaces are not supported in this activity type.
- Added help text to the Add activity template window.
- Improved the security of subscriptions to verify that the user attempting to discover and utilize the resource has either a teacher enrollment or admin permissions in the domain that is subscribed to the resource.
In this release, we:
- Improved tab behavior in the Activity Grader/Grade Editor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the prohibited file extension list to merge incorrectly.
- [IE 11 and Edge] Fixed pagination display issues that occured on Admin grid pages.
- Added a warning message letting authors know when they're partial scores don't equal the total score for a question.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error when a teacher would change a question type to Matching, Passage, or Custom, and then try to save.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Syllabus tab and Projects tab to display contradictory project End Dates at times.
- Fixed an issue that would show only one blank when an author would preview a Fill in the blank question that had more than one blank.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the date picker popup to remain on the screen after navigating away from it.
- Fixed an issue that would swap the Name and Group values when initially creating and saving a Variable List.
- Updated code to better recognize and format questions created using HTML. When using the Text editor for a question, if you want to create a new line in a question or answer body, you can place the content on a new line but prefixed with three spaces. Alternatively, you can use the [HTML] syntax and place a line break with the HTML <br> tag.
- Fixed an issue where the question previewer wouldn't correctly display linked question types.
- Corrected the way inline matching questions are displayed in author preview.
- Removed date-controlled setting options from Activity Editors in continuous courses.
- [Firefox] Fixed an issue that caused Buzz's About link to display the wrong browser.
- Fixed an issue that allowed unsupported styles to be pasted into the rich text editor.
- Eliminated some erroneous scrolling behavior.
- [IE 11] Fixed an issue in which scrollbars would not work in read-only editors.
- Added error message that appears when a user enters the wrong password when trying to print a password-protected assessment.
- Fixed an issue where a SCO could not set a status of incomplete for a non-gradable activity.
- Fixed an issue where activities that were flunked for being past due would not reflect as a completed activity in the course completion percentage.
- Added the ability to select folders as Course Links.
- Updated Multi-Outcome Scoring Gradebook settings to honor display settings and hide minutes.
- Fixed the Remove Question button in the assessment Analytics page.
- Updated resource filename rules to accept hashtags and percentage signs.
- Fixed an issue that allowed equations to overflow the field they were entered into.
- Fixed an issue that kept the submitted icon from appearing in the Activities toolbar after a student submitted a Discussion, Blog, Journal, or Wiki submission.
- Fixed an issue that would erroneously display a grade weight for activities that had been excluded from the final score. Also added an indicator to activities that have been so excluded.
- Removed scrollbars from essay question responses.
- Removed Print button from the preview exam window.
- Fixed an issue where a teacher would excuse a student's activity that some scored data ('scoredate') was not recorded on the teacher's response.