A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.77, available on November 10, 2016.
In this release, we:
- Added helper text that informs users that they're creating a static copy when they drag and drop an item from My Library into a Syllabus.
- Updated the way media is uploaded and processed, so that users can upload media and submit the item before the media is fully uploaded.
- Added a message notifying SSO users when they've been logged out due to an expired session, and what they need to do (log back in or close their browser).
- Made many updates to the Teacher and Admin apps to improve accessibility for users with a visual impairment. While many of the updates were under-the-hood, users may notice improved keyboard navigation throughout multiple tools and slight style changes to selected and focused buttons and menu options.
In this release, we:
- Added messaging to the XML Editor notifying users when they've introduced invalid XML and tried to save.
- [Firefox & IE] Fixed an issue that caused users to get an error message when trying to open an activity with a Google Document in the Instructor Notes.
- Fixed an issue that kept metadata content from being displayed in the Properties and Resources panels.
- Fixed an issue that caused the answers from one ordering question to remain displayed when switching to another ordering question.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to get a preview of an entire assessment when trying to preview a single question.
- Hid the Rubric grade-entry option in the Activity Editor when editing an assessment or homework activity's grade-entry setting.
- Updated the app to accept parentheses in filenames for avatar and bookmark images.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes misidentified the browser a user was using.
- Fixed an issue that would automatically close the Edit Rubric modal for essay questions and the Edit File Notes modal in the admin's Users screen if you clicked anywhere on the screen outside of them. Now, you must click the modal dialog buttons to close it.
- Fixed a typo in the Create New Derivative Course helper text.
- Fixed an issue that kept users from previewing or downloading resources immediately after moving them from one folder to another.
- Fixed an issue that caused students to get an error when trying to download a resource file copied from the rich text editor.
- Updated the Grade Details screen to correctly display rubric feedback details for essay questions.
- Fixed an issue in which failures to save a question rubric didn't report the error.
For teachers: How do I use assessment variables?