A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.70 & 71, available on October 6, 2016.
Added Manage Resources tool to Editor
We've given users a Manage Resources in the Syllabus that provides a larger workspace and allows them to move and delete files in bulk.
Course resources linking
Buzz's rich text editor now allows users to link to course resources!
- This function is included as an option within the Hyperlink button.
- The Insert course link functionality is now also included as an option within the Hyperlink button, and its button (bookmark icon) is no longer on the toolbar.
Students using Buzz are now automatically allowed to resubmit activities as needed, and teachers can access to every submission. Students will be able to resubmit as long as:
- The activity uses the Assignment or Peer Assessment activity template.
- The activity's submission deadline has not passed.
- The original submission has not been graded. If the activity has been graded, the student must ask the teacher to Allow Retry with the Grade Editor in order to resubmit. If a teacher happens to be grading an activity while the student is in the process of completing a resubmission, the grade is applied the original activity and the teacher is notified of the resubmission once it's entered.
Activity location indicators
To help students stay oriented within Buzz, we added syllabus location indicators to Activity and Grades (Periods and Categories view) tabs of student Performance tool, as well as next to activity titles in the Activities tool.
As part of this release, we:
- Added the ability to bulk update Grading Category and Grading Period values in Editor tool's Activity List tab.
- Added messaging to indicate the limitations in the metadata Name label (must start with a letter and may contain only numbers, letters, underscore, and hyphen).
- Provided a domain option to disable logins using Buzz credentials when SSO is enabled.
- Added domain settings allowing admins to hide the Enter Registration Code option in the student app.
- Added partial ID filtering functionality once the learner has entered at least three characters.
- Revised custom activities, which are not SCOs, so they can now have group submissions.
As part of this release, we:
- Fixed an issue that kept admins from being able to download from the resources tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused problems when editing multiple answer questions.
- Fixed an issue that kept users from accessing and editing questions added to a group.
- Fixed an issue caused passage questions to be duplicated for the user.
- Fixed an issue where questions added to a specific group would not display in the editor after saving.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a master course could make the student grades disappear from a derivative course.
- [IE 11] Revised PDF display in rich text editor, so it no longer covers dropdown menus and buttons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing unexpected behavior (e.g., kept users from exiting the full screen editor) after deleting a table in the rich text editor.
- [Chromebook in Chrome] Added messaging to inform users that, although their device and browser automatically display Google Docs as options when attaching drop box submissions from their device, they can only attach Google Docs through their Google Drive integration.