A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.69, available on September 29, 2016.
Create and track File Notes about students
To allow admins to record and track information about students (e.g., Individual Education Plans (IEP), specific needs), we've added a File Notes feature that is visible to all teachers who have the student enrolled in any of their courses.
For more information
More easily manage resources and courses
To improve course and resource management for teacher and admins, we:
In this release, we:
- Added first and last name to student app UI.
- Revised question banks so users can pull them from a course, instead of having to specify a particular assessment to pull questions from.
- Made many updates to the Teacher and Admin apps to improve accessibility for users with a visual impairment. While many of the updates were under-the-hood, users may notice improved keyboard navigation throughout multiple tools and slight style changes to selected and focussed buttons and menu options.
- Added a message that alerts users when closing Buzz does not automatically log them out of another service that they signed into with SSO. When configured properly, Buzz logs them out.
- Revised the Multi-Outcome Scoring Gradebook to disallow point entry if outcomes have not been assigned scoring features.
- Heightened the current iframe for viewing embed and Google Drive submissions, and added an icon that allows users to view them in a separate window.
- Added Start Date as an optional column in Performance.
- Added time remaining in a course to Enrollment End Date on Course Home.
- Revised the user Activity Stream to longer show grade information for formative assessments.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue that caused the screenreader to misread the Remove Activity button in the Performance page.
- Added alt text to course thumbnails in the Multi-Outcome Scoring Performance page.
- Removed unnecessary scrollbar.
- Revised Admin filter functionality to support User ID filtering on Enrollment list screens.
- Fixed an issue that kept the default Activity metadata for choice type from being preserved.
- Improved the search filter for the Roles tab in Domains.
- Fixed an issue that left the Delete button enabled on the Domain screen when no item was selected.
- [Firefox] Fixed an issue that caused an error in Firefox when running MathJax.
- Improved versioning history in Buzz.
- Fixed an issue that was causing password errors when printing assessments.
- Revised the way the teacher app manages permissions, so that teachers without grading permissions cannot access grading fields.
- Improved analytics sorting.
- Removed case sensitivity requirement from identifiers when teachers import scores in the Performance tool.
- Fixed an issue that kept students from seeing student workspace fields in an assessment print preview and printout.
- Improved the experience to avoid flickering page refreshes and typing lag when using the essay question editor that occurred in some browsers.
- Fixed an issue for Multi-Outcome Scoring courses where an extra credit activity would generate an error when viewing a student submission.
Editor (beta) fixes
As part of our continuing effort to improve the Editor, we:
- [Chrome & Safari] Improved essay question performance when using iPads.
- Revised the assessment editor, so that the Number of questions field for question banks wont accept decimals or negative numbers.
- Updated the Editor, so it refreshes Choice Activity folders correctly.
- Updated objective count to refresh immediately when objectives are deleted.
- Revised Activity Editors to render correctly on iPad in certain browsers.
- Revised assessment editor to let users know when the feedback display is turned off.
- Added an error message to alert users when they try to add a course end date that precedes the course's start date.
- Revised assessment question link functionality to import only those that are selected.
- Improved embedded content PDF display.
- Revised the Weights tab to manage long filenames better.
- Fixed an issue where linked questions would not inherit the question score.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused one question to pull over another question's answer options when editing assessments.
- Fixed an issue where a linked passage question would not include a question for the passage introduction.