Agilix is dedicated to making Buzz accessible and follows 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards in design and development. These efforts are documented in our VPAT and WCAG 2.0 AA statement.
This article covers:
Student Accommodations and IEPs
Screen readers and Buzz
While many screen readers may work, Buzz is optimized for the NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) screen reader on Mozilla Firefox. Users install this third-party software and use it to read the Buzz application.
Buzz integrates with Texthelp's SpeechStream text-to-speech tool
How to use Buzz with your keyboard
Buzz's rich text editor keyboard shortcuts
Buzz supports the following rich text editor keyboard shortcuts.
- ALT + F10: Focus the editor's toolbar
- ESC: Return focus to the previous position
- TAB/Arrows: Navigate left/right through the toolbar
- Ctrl + C or ⌘ Cmd + C: Copies selection from the editor to the clipboard
- Ctrl + X or ⌘ Cmd + X: Cuts selection from the editor to the clipboard
- Ctrl + V or ⌘ Cmd + V: Pastes from clipboard
- Ctrl + Z or ⌘ Cmd + Z: Undo
- Ctrl + Y or ⌘ Cmd + Y: Redo
- Ctrl + A or ⌘ Cmd + A: Selects all text in the editor
- Ctrl + B or ⌘ Cmd + B: Bold
- Ctrl + I or ⌘ Cmd + I: Italic
- Ctrl + U or ⌘ Cmd + U: Underline
- Ctrl + S or ⌘ Cmd + S: Strikethrough
- Ctrl + ] or ⌘ Cmd + ]: Indents the current paragraph
- Ctrl + [ or ⌘ Cmd + [: Outdents the current paragraph
- Ctrl + + or ⌘ Cmd + +: Resizes larger the current selected image or video
- Ctrl + - or ⌘ Cmd + -: Resizes smaller the current selected image or video
- Ctrl + Alt + Space: Selects table cell where the cursor pointer is
- Shift + Left / Right arrow: Extends table cell selection with one cell to the left or right
- Shift + Up / Down arrow: Extends table cell selection with one cell up or down
Users can also access this guide in Buzz by tabbing into the rich text editor and selecting the View keyboard shortcuts button that appears.
Assessment question keyboard shortcuts
Assessment questions that require drag and drop interactions have their own keyboard shortcuts. Some questions are known exceptions.
Order drag and drop question keyboard shortcuts
With Order drag and drop questions, use the arrow keys to navigate to an item. Press space to grab the item, and then use arrow keys to drag a grabbed item up or down/right or left in the list. Press space to drop a grabbed item.
- Up arrow / Left arrow: Navigate up/left or drag item up/left
- Down arrow / Right arrow: Navigate down/right or drag item down/right
Drag and drop
- Space: Grab item / Drop item
- Enter / Return: Drop item
- Escape: Cancel reorder
Users can access this guide in Buzz by tabbing into the question and selecting the Order question keyboard shortcuts button that appears.
Matching drag and drop keyboard shortcuts
Use arrow keys to navigate between answers. Press tab when on an answer to navigate to the choices list. Use arrow keys to navigate to a choice. Press space to grab a choice and drop it in the selected answer. Press shift+tab to navigate from the choices list to answers.
- Up arrow / Left arrow: Navigate up
- Down arrow / Right arrow: Navigate down
- Tab: Navigate to the choices list when on answers
- Shift+Tab: Navigate to answers when in the choices list
Drag and drop
- Space / Enter / Return: Grab and drop selected choice
Users can access this guide in Buzz by tabbing into the question and selecting the Matching question keyboard shortcuts button that appears.
Note: Some assessment interactions use graphics in a way that are not accessible for users who require keyboard-only access or screen readers. Where this is the case, the following message is given to authors:
Graphic questions are not accessible for users who require keyboard-only access or screen readers.