A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.68, available on September 22, 2016.
To let you better track which activities are linked to others and how they might impact one another, we have added indicators to linked activities.
Activities that linked from another activity have a link icon, and their activity editor reads: This activity is linked to a source activity. An automatic merging process maintains edits while merging any changes from the source.
So users know that the activity will inherit changes from the source, but their own changes won't be overridden in that process (How do Master and Derivative Courses work?).
The activity editors for activities that have been linked by others to create activities read: Edits to this activity will automatically merge into the [##] activities that link to it.
So users know that how many activities their changes may impact.
In this release, we also:
- Updated assessment editor to disable tools in the editor toolbar that are unavailable when editing certain question types.
- Changed YouTube embed default functionality to better suit school use (modest branding operations and suggesting no related videos).
- No longer remove any custom authentication domainid in the XML Editor.
- Allow teachers to see that an activity is customized for a student's group by clicking on an activity when previewing that student's grade.
In this release, we:
- Revised the Activities tool to automatically update the post count when teachers delete a blog/journal post.
- Updated homework items to include a Close button.
- Fixed an issue that disallowed admins from editing a user without "delete user" rights.
- Revised fixed header tables, so that when users navigate to the next page when scrolled to the bottom, Buzz automatically moves the user to the top of the page.
- LTI activities now pass ext_user_external_id for the LTI tool to know the user's external ID, if available.
- Fixed an issue where rubrics possibly would not load properly for essay questions.
- Revised icons to resolve symbol replacements where possible. Some devices and device settings may still impact symbol display.
- Revised "incorrect password" error message.
- Improved Course Chooser's search function.
- Fixed some performance issues with processing video and audio recordings.
- Fixed an issue that kept embedded images from appearing in the Analytics tab.
- Revised Performance tool so that clicking a student name in the course Mastery tab takes a teacher to that student's Mastery screen.
- Revised grader templates to allow equations and other special embedded content.
- Fixed an issue where linked resources (e.g., images) were not copied when copying a custom activity.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the cursor to jump to a new location when users clicked Cancel in a dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused the keyboard arrows to change the tab focus on the page instead of moving the cursor in an editable field when in a tabbed page.
- Fixed an issue that kept Score and Status columns from aligning properly in the Performance tool.
- Fixed the student Calendar, so that it now allows users to see resources attached to Agendas.
- Fixed an issue where a student would see an "Access Denied" error if attempting to view a custom activity without a provided URL or resource.
Editor (beta) fixes
As part of our continual efforts to improve the new Editor tool, we:
- Fixed an issue that caused choice activity folders to disappear when users duplicated folders.
- Fixed an issue that kept some video file types from being played in assessment and homework questions.
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to set a course end date as prior to the course start date.
- Fixed an issue that caused a user's custom boolean settings from being recognized at times.
- Deactivated due date settings in the UI for continuous courses (activity editor > Gradebook tab).
- Fixed an issue that caused an error message to appear twice when teachers try to change enrollment dates in Course Settings.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an assessment/homework question to look for a correct response that had been deleted from the question, so students could never select it.
- Revised the assessment/homework Edit All function to better handle linked question banks.
- Fixed an issue that kept the Editor from automatically updating dependent settings to match manual setting changes made by the user.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple scroll bars to appear on the Syllabus tab.
- Revised item histories to reflect changes to metadata items.
- Updated the Editor, so that, when a user deletes an objective, that objective is automatically removed from any item it was aligned to.
- Updated standard selection process, so that when a user makes a new selection, their old selection is cleared.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Save and Cancel buttons in activity editors to be disabled after receiving and closing certain error messages.