A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.67, available on September 15, 2016.
In this release, we:
- Many updates were made to the Admin app to improve accessibility for users with a visual impairment. While many of the updates were under-the-hood, users may notice improved keyboard navigation throughout multiple tools and slight style changes to selected and focussed buttons and menu options.
- Disabled the Delete button when only one category exists in a course, so users aren't able to have zero categories.
- Updated the Grading Categories UI (Course Settings > Gradebook tab) to improve the UX.
In this release, we:
- Fixed an issue that disallowed users from accessing Select All with the keyboard in Admin screens.
- Fixed an issue that kept course blackout dates from appearing shaded in the Calendar.
- Fixed an issue that kept users from seeing the gradebook if they removed all grade tables.
- Fixed an issue that was returning inaccurate results from resource filters.
- Fixed an issue that caused course to disappear from the Periods and Categories view (Performance tool) for students when the course author set up the course with periodes enabled, and the removed them.
- Fixed an issue that returned errors for some objectives when students use the Objective Mastery screen.
Editor (beta) fixes
As part of our continual efforts to improve the new Editor tool, we:
- Updated assessment preview text to read "Include all questions from activity [folder/activity title]" when users link a folder as a question bank.
- Fixed an issue that caused the horizontal scrollbar in the resources panel to display to behave incorrectly when previewing resources.
- Fixed an issue that caused aligned objectives to sometimes become unaligned from questions when the user edited assessment questions with the Edit All text editor.
- Fixed an issue that caused a "Unable to save activity" error when changing a question from any question type with a correct answer to an essay question.
- Fixed an issue that retained due date information when changing a Project into a folder. This caused some visibility issues for students.
- Fixed an issue that kept the item editor history from displaying changes to metadata.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Show inline checkbox in the Properties panel for ordering questions to be labeled incorrectly when navigating to the question from a multiple choice question.
- Revised the assessment preview to allow the current course to be linked as a question bank.