The Multi-Outcome Scoring gradebook allows course authors to create multiple desired outcomes for students, align them to activities with varied weights, and track performance against them.
How does Multi-Outcome Scoring impact Home?
With Multi-Outcome Scoring enabled, the teacher To-do List on the Home page displays all outcome scores for graded activities, rather than displaying only the overall score.
How does Multi-Outcome Scoring impact the Grade Editor and Activity Grader?
- The Score field shows the overall score as a percentage.
- The Objective score section shows the student's earned points over their points possible for the objective.
For manually-graded activities, the Grade Editor and Activity Grader student screen allow you to provide a score for each aligned objective.
To excuse students from individual scoringobjectives on a particular assignment, enter an X in the field and it won't be factored into the activity's score.
The Score/Activity History in the Grade Editor and Activity Grader student screen shows grades for all objectives, rather than just showing one, overall score.
Activity Grader tab
- For auto-graded activities, like Assessments, this means entering a percentage score for the entire activity. Auto-graded activities can only be aligned with one scoring objective.
- For manually-graded activity, you can enter a score for each objective.
How does Multi-Outcome Scoring impact the Performance tool?
Enabling Multi-Outcome Scoring in a course changes the available screens in the Performance tool (and disabling it changes them back):
- Courses without Multi-Outcome Scoring enabled use the Gradebook.
Multi-Outcome Scoring courses use Dashboard, Students, and Activities screens instead of the Gradebook:
- Dashboard displays course-wide performance on objectives.
- Students displays individual student performance on objectives; you can click a student's name to see individual information.
- Activities displays individual student performance on each activity as aligned with objectives; you can click an activity to open the Activity Grader.
- If you set up multiple grading periods in a course, the period weights do not determine relative impact on the final grade like they do with a non Multi-Outcome Scoring course. Learn more.
How does Multi-Outcome Scoring impact the People tool?
With Multi-Outcome Scoring enabled, the score column in the People tool displays performance for each objective.