Table of Contents
The Grade Editor is receiving a significant update today. Teachers can now view student attachments right in the Grade Editor, instead of having to download the file to view it and going back to Buzz to enter feedback and scores. File types include:
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Microsoft Office (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
- PDFs (.pdf)
- Images (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, ,png, .svg)
- And more (.3gpp, .avi, .bmp, .eps, .flv, .mov, .mpeg4, .mpegps, .mts, .ps, .py, .tiff, .txt, .wmv, .xml)
- Because the preview function depends on third-party tools, support for the listed file types may change or vary depending upon changes made by the preview tool provider.
Folder landing page
When users select a folder from the sidebar navigation in the Activities tool, a folder landing page now appears in the main window. The landing content includes any thumbnail assigned to the folder, the folder name, list of the activities in the folder, a description, and any metadata that is made visible to students.
Admins can now choose whether metadata on course content is visible to the students. While it currently does not display for course activities, it will display for folders on the new folder landing page.
Searching for questions has been removed from the assessment editor. This change has been made to improve stability and scalability of search.
Users can now Enter Registration Code for courses that belong in a parent domain. This allows a district to create a professional development course in a district domain, generate a registration code, and share it with users in school domains to self-register for the course. This makes training and enrollment management much easier.
- Fixed an issue in which copied/pasted course links would not work.
- [Apple iOS] Fixed an issue where a list of enrollments, courses, or users would not properly start on page 1.
- Fixed an issue where domain landing content would not properly size or scroll.
- Fixed an issue where searches for Gooru content would not display any results when using the HTTPS protocol.
- Fixed an issue where long modal titles could go off of the window.
- Fixed an issue where group sets in could appear to be duplicated.
- Fixed an issue where exporting scores could fail if an activity title contained quotation marks.
- Fixed an issue where grading an Assessment or Homework activity would not always properly reflect the activity's total points possible while grading.
- [Apple Safari] Fixed an issue where the "Add Date" label would not display properly for creating a Student Report.