A round-up of all improvements and changes to the Buzz platform in version 2.0.53, available on June 23, 2016.
Admin Test Analytics Reports
System Admins can now run Test Analytics Reports that use student performance on assessments to generate data around:
- Frequency of Scores
- Overall Statistics
- Frequency of Grades
- Question Item Analysis
- Proficiency by Learning Objective
- Proficiency by Student
Enhancements to the rich text editor
Users can now use the rich text editor to:
- Easily embed YouTube videos.
- Create and preview snippets of code by:
- Entering the Code, itself.
- Using a URL.
- Uploading a Resource.
General performance updates
- Many updates were made to the Student and other apps to improve accessibility for users with a visual impairment. While many of the updates were under-the-hood, users may notice improved keyboard navigation throughout multiple tools and slight style changes to selected and focussed buttons and menu options.
- The rich text editor now stores images at double the size it previously did, so it can support resizing more readily.
Editor (beta) updates
As part of our continual efforts to improve the new Editor tool, we:
- Added a preview button to the Properties tab in the right panel of the Syllabus.
- Added additional text to the Include formative in final grade checkbox to inform users that the formative assessment's Score will be shown to student with this option selected.
- Changed the Calendar tab name to Scheduling to avoid confusing it with the Calendar tool.
- Colored the visibility icon (eye) red when set to "not visible."
- Added an indicator (colored square) to each objective row in the Objectives tab of the Syllabus to show when an objective is not yet aligned to an activity. The square is red when the objective is not aligned to activities and matches your chosen theme color when the objective has been aligned.
- Revised the Syllabus, so users can now select a badge in Badges tab and see its properties displayed in the Properties tab.
- Revised the Peer Assessment's in-app text for clarity.
- Improved the panel expand/collapse animation.
Teacher app updates
- Using the Activity Grader and Grade Editor, teachers can now attach multiple files when providing feedback on activities that require students to submit attachments.
- Previously, clicking a Course Card took teachers to the People tool for the selected course; now, clicking a Course Card takes the user to the Course Home in the Activities tool.
- Fixed an issue where the Group selection dropdown in the Activities tool was overlapped by the refresh icon.
- Fixed an issue where the Move Domain dropdown list was cut off in the Domain tool.
- Fixed an issue where the icon indicating that "no results were found" continued to appear in the search field after the user had made a selection.
- Fixed an issue where the batch update option was available to teachers while using the Quick edit grading mode.
- Improved api configuration to increase speed for copying agendas.
- Fixed an issue where a placeholder image was being displayed in an announcement instead of the user's profile picture.
Fixed issues in the Editor (beta)
- Fixed an issue where a newly created folder would not immediately appear in the "Move to" or "Duplicate" dropdown menus.
- Fixed an issue where the "Add level" button would not appear in the rubric editor.
- Fixed an issue where new/newly imported objectives failed to appear in the Syllabus (Editor tool) when aligned with activities.
- Fixed an issue where a newly added assessment/homework activity wouldn't display its Parent folder's objectives when trying to align the questions with objectives.
- Fixed an issue where users could save invalid email addresses without error.
- Fixed an issue where Add Project and the Project wizard would sometimes use a bad default to create an incorrect start date.
- Fixed an issue where the rubric editor would sometimes add an extra level on criteria rows.
- Fixed an issue where course links used in feedback would fail to navigate the user to the desired location.
- Fixed an issue where the question type dropdown overlapped other buttons in the assessment activity editor.
- Changed "Assignments" to "Activities" in the Restrict Visibility by Mastery Assignments setting.
- Fixed an issue where activity icons would extend above the panel border in the Scheduling list view.
- Fixed an issue where activities added to the Choice Folder would disappear after refreshing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where objectives would be removed from an item in the Syllabus when a user clicked them; now only clicking the X removes them.
- Fixed an issue where users could not select items in the Syllabus (Editor tool).
- Standardized the hover/focus icon styles.
- Fixed an issue where data was not saved in the activity editors' rich text editors if a user navigated away.