Personalize your student reward program with Buzz; it's easier than ever!
Badges can be awarded to recognize and encourage students, and they are rapidly becoming the standard in competency-based learning for recognizing and tracking mastery.
Buzz allows for two types of badges:
- Automatic badges are configured to be automatically awarded to students by Buzz when they complete an activity, unit, or course.
- Teacher-assigned badges are configured to be assigned by teachers to reward a specific achievement or behavior. Teachers can choose from badges in specific categories (e.g., leadership, scholarship, service, etc.) and provide personalized comments and/or evidence, so students know why they're being recognized.
To create both types of Badges:
- Open the Editor tool and, in the left panel of the Syllabus tab, select Badges.
- Click Add course badge.
- The badge Name (required; 128 character limit).
- A badge Image.
- Required file type: PNG
- Ideal size: 90x90
- A Description of what the badge represents (required; 128 character limit).
- The Requirements for earning the badge.
- The Issuer Name, Organization, and Contact E-mail Address.
- Click OK to save.