Roles in Buzz represent a predetermined set of permissions. Buzz includes a set of default roles; you can also create your own roles.
Use the Domain > Roles screen to:
- Review and mange your domain Roles.
- Use the Filter to search for specific domain Roles (by ID, Type, Name, and/or Domain).
- Edit existing domain Roles by clicking the Role ID (you can edit a Role only if you are in the same domain).
- Delete existing domain Roles by checking its box, opening the vertical menu in the toolbar, and clicking Delete.
- Create new domain Roles.
You cannot edit or delete the preexisting Administrator, Owner, Student, or Teacher roles; these roles come from the domain root.
Create new domain roles
To create a new domain role:
- Open the Domain tool from the Main Menu, and select Roles in the tabs bar.
- Click the plus icon in the toolbar.
- Provide the new role's:
- Name as you want it to appear for users in the domain (required).
- Type, which filters the permissions listed below according to whether you want to create a Course- or Domain-level role.
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the role with an external program or application (optional).
- Check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included for the new role. The permissions are divided according to the component for which they give privileges.
- Click Create.
You can search