To create a new domain role:
- Open the Domain tool from the Main Menu.
- Select the Roles screen and click New.
- Provide the new role's:
- Name as you want it to appear for users in the domain (required).
- Type, which filters the permissions listed below according to whether you want to create a Course- or Domain-level role.
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the role with an external program or application (optional).
- Check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included for the new role. The permissions are divided according to the component for which they give privileges.
- Click Save.
- Roles & Permissions
- How do I manage user domain permissions?
- How do I manage a user's enrollments?
- How do I manage a course's enrollments?
- To delete a role, check its box on the Roles screen and click Delete.
- Click Edit in a role's column to make changes; you can only edit a role if you are on the same domain.
- You cannot edit or delete the preexisting Administrator, Owner, Student, or Teacher roles; these roles come from the domain root.
- From the Roles screen, you can use Infer Roles in the toolbar to align enrollments whose permissions were created in BrainHoney with the Buzz roles with those same permissions. This process only infers roles for enrollments without assigned roles and impacts enrollments in subdomains.