How do I create and manage domain roles?
Roles in Buzz represent a predetermined set of permissions. Buzz includes a set of default roles; you can also create your own.
To create a new domain role:
- Open the Domain tool from the Main Menu, and select Roles in the tabs bar.
- Click the plus icon in the toolbar.
- Provide the new role's:
- Name as you want it to appear for users in the domain (required).
- Type, which filters the permissions listed below according to whether you want to create a Course- or Domain-level role.
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the role with an external program or application (optional).
- Check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included for the new role. The permissions are divided according to the component for which they give privileges.
- Roles & Permissions
- How do I manage user domain permissions?
- How do I manage a user's enrollments?
- How do I manage a course's enrollments?
- To delete a role, check its box on the Roles screen, open the vertical menu in the toolbar, and click Delete.
- Click Edit in a role's column to make changes; you can only edit a role if you are on the same domain.
- You cannot edit or delete the preexisting Administrator, Owner, Student, or Teacher roles; these roles come from the domain root.