Create separate grading periods, so you can easily divide grades by date range without building additional courses in Buzz.
Enable grading periods in your course
Grading periods can be set up in two ways:
- System admins can set up domain-level grading periods that are associated with a specific school year. When you create a new course in that domain, it will automatically use these settings.
- You can set up course-level grading periods using the directions below.
- Open the Editor tool.
- Select Course settings from Tools in the toolbar.
- In the Grading Periods card, check the Use Grading Periods box. From here, you can:
- Give each grading period a name; it may be useful to include date ranges.
- Assign each grading period a grading weight. This number determines the relative impact each period has on the overall grade; if each period should have equal impact, assign the same number to each.
- Add grading periods.
- Remove grading periods by clicking the garbage can (delete) icon next to each.
- Use the up and down arrows to manage the period order.
Assign activities to grading periods
Once you've enabled grading periods, use the activity editors to assign activities to them.
- Open the Editor tool, select the desired activity, and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Check the This activity is gradable box in Settings tab > Gradebook settings card and select the desired period from the Period dropdown.
- Only gradable activities can be assigned to grading periods.
- Once you've assigned activities to specific grading periods, you can filter them by period in the Gradebook tool's Grades screen.