Create separate grading periods, so you can easily divide grades by date range without building additional courses in Buzz.
Enable grading periods in your course
- Open the Editor tool using the Main Menu.
- Click Settings in the toolbar and select the Gradebook tab.
- In the Grading Periods section, check the Use Grading Periods box. From here, you can:
- Give each grading period a name; it may be useful to include date ranges.
- Assign each grading period a grading weight. This number determines the relative impact each period has on the overall grade; if each period should have equal impact, assign the same number to each.
- Add grading periods.
- Remove grading periods by clicking the garbage can (delete) icon next to each.
- Use the up and down arrows to manage the period order.
Assign activities to grading periods
Once you've enabled grading periods, use the activity editors to assign activities to them.
- Open the Editor tool, select the desired activity, and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Check the Gradable box in the Gradebook tab and select the desired period from the Period dropdown.