Parent/Observer tool breakdown
Get to know your toolbox
In Buzz, Observers (like parents, mentors, tutors, etc) are given read-only access to a observed student's account, including:
- Courses, course information, Announcements, Calendars, and Agendas
- Student To-do lists and Activity streams
- Activities (excluding Assessments) and due dates
- Student submissions
- Grades, teacher feedback, and other performance indicators
- When you sign in as an Observer, you are asked to select the student profile you want to access.
- You can always switch to observe another student by opening the Main menu and clicking Choose student.
Observer landing page
The Observer landing page gives you a good overview of what's happening in all of the student's current courses.
- Current announcements for all courses,.
- The To-do List for all student courses.
- The student's Activity Stream.
- Course Cards for each course the student is enrolled in.
Open Activities to access the Course Home page for any of the student's current courses. Course Home pages display course announcements, the To-do List, course activities, course links, the student's current score, daily agendas, and the Activity Stream.
The Calendar displays due date notifications that are color-coded by course. Select a date or view for a list of activities.