Buzz style improvements will provide:
- Faster loading times on initial sign-in
- Immediate updates when selecting a new theme
- New theme options
- More customization options
- More control over the sign-in screen
As of October 1, 2015, Buzz will no longer support Less style files to customize your domain experience. Instead, styles will be defined through the Configure tool and a CSS file. To ensure this transition goes smoothly, we will provide a staging environment where you can configure your domain. In this environment, you can make changes without impacting current users until it goes live on October 1.
- September 24: Admins get access to configure their domain in the staging environment
- October 1: All changes made in the staging environment go live.
What admins should know
- The new styling features control:
- The default theme color (toolbar, buttons, etc.)
- The available theme colors
- The available theme background images
- The toolbar color if you don’t want users to be able to change it
- Beginning on October 1, all Less files and variables in a domain will be ignored; this means that any styles defined using Less files will be lost.
- All users will see changes to the sign-in screen theme options as of October 1.
- Buzz users who have chosen themes will have to reset them as of October 1.
- How to use the staging environment:
- To access your staging environment, insert your domain into the following URL: http://[insert_your_domain_here].echostaging.agilixapps.com.
- Changes to Less files will still impact your users until October 1.
- Changes made in the staging environment using the new features of the Configure tool or the new CSS file will appear in your live environment starting on October 1.
- As you work in the staging environment, you may see other changes that are being implemented for the October 1 update; if you encounter problems, please report them to Agilix Support.