Use question groups to apply different attempt limits to questions in the same practice questions activity.
Create question groups
To vary attempt limits between questions in the same practice questions activity:
- Create a practice questions activity using the Editor or select an existing practice questions activity and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Select the Practice Questions Settings tab.
- Under the Practice Questions Groups section, select Default in the question group dropdown and configure the settings in this section that you want applied to all questions in the activity by default.
- Click the plus sign next to the question group dropdown.
- Give the new question group a title (e.g., limit-attempt) and click OK.
- Configure the settings you want associated with this specific question group and Save.
Assign questions to groups
All questions in a practice questions activity are assigned to the default question group, unless you specify otherwise. To assign a question to a group:
- Use the question groups dropdown in Practice Questions Settings to switch between groups.
- If you want all questions in a new group to appear together, check the Combine all questions in this group into one problem box in Practice Questions Settings.
- In assessments, you can use Question Groups to create question pools.