Manage your time and direct your own learning path with self-assigned tasks.
To create a task for yourself:
- Select the Activities tool for the desired course.
- Click the plus sign in the toolbar; if you don't see this plus sign, your teacher may not have self-assigned tasks enabled for the course.
Create a task
If you selected Create task on step 3 above:
- Give the task a title, description, and due date.
- Decide whether you want the completed task sent to your teacher (your teacher can disable this option).
- Click Save and the task automatically appears in the To-do list, and you can always access it from the For me screen.
Creating and completing self-assigned tasks helps you take control of your own education, expand your understanding of course content, pursue your own interests, and show your teacher that you care about your performance.
Choose a supplemental activity
If you selected Choose a supplemental activity on step 3 above, you will see a list of activities that your teacher has made available:
- Select the activity that interests you.
- Click Choose activity to assign the activity to yourself.
- Choosing the activity opens it up in your Activities tool, so you can complete it. You can also always access it from the For me screen.
- You can use this feature to break large projects into smaller tasks with individual deadlines to help you manage your time and stay on task.
- You can access self-assigned tasks and other personalized activities in For Me section of Performance.