Student choice activities provide powerful personalized-learning experiences.
1. Enable and configure student choice activities
Student choice activities enable your students to review approved activities and choose to complete the ones that best align with their interests and goals.
- Open the Editor.
- Click the pencil (edit) icon next to the folder for which you want to enable student choice activities.
- Scroll to the Folder settings card in the Settings tab and check the box labeled Enable student choice for this folder.
- In the field that appears, enter the Number of required choice activities that you want your students to select.
- If you want your students to be able to complete more than the required number of activities, check the Allow extra choices box.
- If you want to give students the ability to choose from activities beyond what you add to this Choice Activities folder, check:
Allow choices from any folder to permit students to choose activities from any Choice Activities folder in the course. This way, you can create a bank of choice activities from which students can select at different points throughout the course.
- Check this option if you want students to be able to assign themselves supplemental tasks.
- Allow choices from Digital Library to permit them to choose activities from the available digital libraries.
- Allow choices from any folder to permit students to choose activities from any Choice Activities folder in the course. This way, you can create a bank of choice activities from which students can select at different points throughout the course.
- A question mark icon appears next to the folder. You can use it to add choice activities.
2. Add student choice activities
Once you've enabled student choice activities, you can start creating student choice activities:
- Click the question mark icon that appears next to the folder when you enabled choice activities.
- Click Add choice activity, choose your activity type, and start building as you would with any other activity. Close when you've added all the desired activities.
- The number of activities you've chosen appear next to the question mark icon. You can click it at any time to add or edit the activities.
- How do I review and grade student choice activities?
- For students: How do I complete student choice activities?
- If you provide gradable options in the student choice activities, you can grade them through your To-do List or each student’s Performance page.