The Performance tool enables you to track your progress in many specific areas.
View progress overviews for all courses on one screen
To view your progress, open the Grades tool from the top section of the Main Menu.
If you are enrolled in multiple courses, Buzz shows you an overview of your progress in all of your courses and past courses, including:
- Your Self Assessment heart indicator for each course; click them to make changes.
- Your overall score.
- Your overall progress on completing gradable activities.
- Your overall progress on completing all activities.
The toolbar on this screen allows you to:
- Print this summary.
- Modify what is displayed in the table; click the column headers to sort the data by that category. The column options include:
- The course Picture
- Enrollment Start Date
- Enrollment End Date
- Days Left in the course
- Self Assessment
- Progress on gradable activities
- Progress on all activities
View progress for past courses
Click the Past courses tab to view summary details of courses you have completed. The tools on this screen work the same as in your current courses screen:
- You can Print this summary from the toolbar.
- You can Filter the data shown.
- Note: Picture, Days left, Self assessment, and Teachers aren't shown for Past courses.
- Additional data is shown for complete courses like Final grade and Time spent.
View progress details for each course
To view detailed progress in a course, select the course from the Main Menu and click Grades. Here, you find:
- The Grades view displays detailed progress information. If the course uses periods and/or categories, you can choose to view the information organized by Periods and Categories or Syllabus Order. From this view, you can also print your grades. The detailed progress information includes:
- The course's teacher(s) (if set up to show it).
- How many days are left in the course (and an alert when it's almost over if set up for it).
- Your overall percentage.
- Your percentage of completed gradable activities, overall activities, and quizzes.
- The due date, submission date, status, and your individual score on every graded activity.
- The Dashboard view shows the student info card.
- The For Me view, which displays any activities you’ve created or chosen for yourself as well as activities your teacher has created specifically for you.
- The What If view, which helps you calculate possible grade outcomes.
- The Activity view, which displays each activity you’ve worked in, when you started working on it, and how long you’ve spent in it.
- The Objective Mastery view, which displays each learning objective, each aligned activity, and how well you seem to be mastering those objectives.
- Note: This tab does not appear if the course author has not defined objectives for the course. Contact your teacher if you should have access to this tab, but it doesn't appear.
- The Analytics view, which breaks down the overall performance of the class as a whole.
- The Badges view, which displays any awards you’ve earned.
- The Settings view (available only for continuous enrollment courses), which lets you change the course's end date that Buzz uses to schedule activity due dates.
View Student Grade details
Click on any activity on the Grades screen to see the Grades details, like scores, Submission history, and Analytics.
Being able to track your own progress in so many areas really helps you take control of your own learning.
To print your grades:
- Open Grades for the course.
- Click Print in the toolbar.
- Select the Scale for your printout.
- Note: The Scale function does not work in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Indicate whether you want to exclude certain columns from the printout with the Hide columns dropdown. You can hide the Location, Status, Submitted date, and/or Due date columns.
- Click Print.
- You can quickly review your overall score in each course using the Course Cards on the Home page.
- Because your teachers have access to this same data, you can use this information as a starting point for conversations about your performance.