How do I manage data in my People tool?
The People tool gives you access to tons of data.
Choose which data to display
Customizing your People tool to display the critical data helps you focus on the right areas of student progress.
To choose which student data points you want displayed on the people page:
- Navigate to the People tool using the Main Menu.
- Click Display options.
- Select Edit Visible Columns.
- From the Visible columns window, select which data to display.
- Accommodations (flag) icon indicates whether a student has notes recorded about their specific situation or needs.
- Score displays each student’s overall percentage. You may see a [pending Scores] listed here as well.
- Time spent displays the total amount of time each student has spent on course activities.
- Self Assessment displays self-reported evaluation results in the areas of Understanding, Interest, and Effort.
- Self Assessment Changed Date reports the date and time the most recent Self Assessment was reported.
- Progress (all activities) indicates how far along each student is in completing available course activities.
- Mastery displays how well each student is performing against course objectives.
- Online indicates whether students are currently online or not.
Pace uses the percentage a student's past due activities to assess how well the student is keeping up in the course. Buzz displays a green, yellow, or red indicator to represent the assessment:
- Green = Less than 15% of activities are past due.
- Yellow = Between 15% and 30% of activities are past due.
- Red = 30% of activities or more are past due.
Performance uses a student's overall course score and the student's performance on the five most recent activities to assess how well the student is performing in the course. Buzz displays a green, yellow, or red indicator to represent the assessment:
- Green = The student's overall score is at least 25% above the minimum passing score, and none of the student’s five most recent activities received a below passing score.
- Yellow = The student's overall score is between the minimum passing score and 25% above it, and/or the student has a below passing score on one of the five most recent activities.
- Red = The student's overall score is below the passing threshold, and/or the student has a below passing score on two or more of the five most recent activities.
- Badges displays badges earned by each student.
- Today displays the number of activities a student has completed for the day.
- Recently failed displays the number of failed activities within the last five activities graded.
- Late displays the number late activities.
- Enrollment end date shows this date for each student, as they may differ depending on the type of course.
Sort displayed data
When sorting the data displayed in the People tool, you can:
- Sort the displayed data by clicking on any of the column headers.
- Edit visible columns for the screen.
- Filter your students using the funnel (filter) icon.
Filter your students
Click the funnel (filter) icon to show/hide a menu that allows you to filter by:
- Student Name
- Quick list or group of students
- Minimum score and Maximum score
- Minimum progress and Maximum progress
- Critical students, meaning students who are failing or falling behind schedule.
- How do I use the People tool?
- How do I create and manage groups?
- How do I add and drop students and other users?
- How do I invite students to a course?
- The Clipboard tool enables you to take quick coaching steps from any page in Buzz.
- The Self Assessment tool gives students a simple, low-risk way to communicate powerful information with you.