Generate Gradebook Reports to get a high-level perspective on student performance as it relates to activities.
Gradebook Reports are organized around individual activities or activity categories and time periods.
To run Gradebook Reports, open the desired course and Reports from the Main Menu, select Gradebook, and follow the numbered steps:
Choose a report: Click one of the following radio buttons to specify report type:
- Select Course activity summary if you want to see the data broken down at the activity level.
- Select Period and category summary to see the data broken down by pre-determined grading periods and categories.
Filter the data: Customize your filter settings in one of the following ways:
- Indicate whether you want to Include past enrollments in the report.
- Select Choose Filters (which allows you to choose from the most commonly used data), or select Get All Data (which includes all data).
- Download the report: Click Export to CSV to create the specified report as a spreadsheet-friendly file.
Use this report to identify which activities may need to be reevaluated, revised, cut, enhanced, etc., in upcoming classes.
- You can open the exported document with any program that supports spreadsheets.
- If a majority of students regularly perform poorly on a specific activity, you may want to review that activity.