The Activity Grader allows you to access and edit all student scores for a specific activity using one screen.
Access the Activity Grader by:
- Opening the Gradebook > Grades screen.
- Clicking on the desired activity's title in the column header.
Activity Grader tabs
The Activity Grader has two tabs:
- The Activity Grader tab is a table listing each student and their submission data for the selected activity. This tab is outlined below.
- The Analytics tab outlines Frequency of Scores, Statistics, and Frequency of Grades. For assessments, you can also review question details and exclude questions from scoring.
Activity Grader tab
From this screen, you can:
- Use Display Options (gear icon) to control the data displayed on the screen.
- Click Enable quick-edit grading (lightning icon) to make the Score column editable; you can:
- Move through the fields using your keyboard arrows and enter grades.
- Click Save to save changes without submitting (a pushpin icon appears in the Status column).
- Submit All Scores to save and submit all (including previously saved scores).
- Open the Tools menu (wrench icon) to:
- Filter the results by Group.
- Add students to the Clipboard.
- Click a student name to open the Student grader for that student's submission.
Student grader screen (Grade editor)
The Activity grader's Student grader screen is set up and used just like the Grade editor.
Jump between Derivative sibling courses
When you're using the Activity Grader in a course that has a Derivative sibling, a button appears in your toolbar that allows you to quickly jump between the sibling courses. This allows you to grade the same activity for students enrolled in each course without exiting the course.
- Buzz previews submissions under the Content tab in the formats listed here. Because the preview function depends on third party tools, support for the listed file types may change or vary depending upon changes made by the preview tool provider:
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Microsoft Office (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
- PDFs (.pdf)
- Images (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, ,png, .svg)
- And more (.3gpp, .avi, .bmp, .eps, .mov, .mpeg4, .mpegps, .mts, .ps, .py, .tiff, .txt, .xml)
- How do I use the Grade Editor?
- How do I create and use rubrics?
- How do I attach feedback to students' activities?
- Buzz tips: Use Buzz to keep notes about students
- How does Multi-Outcome Scoring impact my other tools?
- Create feedback templates to save time grading while still providing thoughtful feedback.
- When adding images with text editors in Buzz, you are able to resize the image to best fit your needs.
- When you give an activity a score and choose Save Draft, an orange pushpin appears next to it.