Using the Editor
Aligning each activity to the appropriate objectives allows you to track your students' competency mastery based on their performance and focus your intervention where it’s needed.
- Open the Editor with the Main Menu.
- Create a new activity or select the activity you want to align objectives with and click the pencil icon (edit).
- Click Choose objective in Settings tab > Objective mastery card.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the activity. Use the Filter field to search objectives for words and phrases.
- Click Done.
Alternative drag-and-drop approach
You can also align objectives with activities and folders by:
- Opening the Editor from the Main Menu.
- Selecting the desired folder or activity.
- Expanding the left panel and selecting the Objectives tab.
- Selecting, dragging, and dropping the objectives from the list on the left to the target folder or activity.
Review the Syllabus > Objectives tab to see which objectives have been aligned
With the Objectives tab, you can:
- Filter the displayed objectives.
- Review the number of gradable and non-gradable activities are aligned with each displayed objective.
- Quickly identify objectives that aren't aligned with any activities by looking for a red square in the bottom, left corner of objective's row. When objectives have been aligned with activities, the square is colored to match your chosen theme.
- How do I create and import objectives?
- How do I review my students' progress on mastering objectives?
- How do I change my course's objective mastery threshold?
- You can align objectives with folders using these same steps.
- Aligning activities with helps generate student data points that you can easily review on the People tool.
- The Clipboard tool enables you to take quick intervention steps from any page in Buzz.