Using the Editor
Aligning each activity to the appropriate objectives allows you to track your students' competency mastery based on their performance and focus your intervention where it’s needed.
- Open the Editor with the Main Menu.
- Create a new activity or select the activity you want to align objectives with and click the pencil icon (edit).
- Select the Objectives tab.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the activity.
- Use the dropdown to limit the displayed objectives to those that are created in the Course, to those inherited from the activity's Parent folder (if available), or to only the Selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Use the Filter field to search objectives for words and phrases.
- Edit objectives created in the course by clicking the pencil (edit) icon, and remove them by clicking the garbage can (delete) icon.
- Use the Groups dropdown at the bottom of the editor to make edits to objective alignment for only specified groups.
Alternative drag-and-drop approach
You can also align objectives with activities and folders by:
- Opening the Editor from the Main Menu.
- Selecting the desired folder or activity.
- Expanding the left panel and selecting the Objectives tab.
- Selecting, dragging, and dropping the objectives from the list on the left to the target folder or activity.
- How do I create and import objectives?
- How do I review my students' progress on mastering objectives?
- How do I change my course's objective mastery threshold?
- You can align objectives with folders using these same steps.
- Aligning activities with helps generate student data points that you can easily review on the People tool.
- The Clipboard tool enables you to take quick intervention steps from any page in Buzz.