Use the Clipboard to create impromptu activities for any student at any time.
The Clipboard walks you through the process of assigning activities to individuals or groups:
- Open the Clipboard tool from the toolbar or Main Menu; the Activities tab is open by default.
- Using the panel on the left, you can:
- Select the desired course. You are not required to select a course, but selecting a course gives you access to any Supplemental activities that have been created for it.
- Add the student(s), Quick Lists, and/or Groups to whom you want to assign the activity using the panel on the left (How do I add students to the Clipboard?).
- Add activity content in one of the following ways:
- Choose from the options under Add an Activity; you can upload a file, link a video, add a Google Drive document, link a website, or create an activity with a rich text editor.
- Click Search supplemental, which allows you to browse and select from Supplemental activities that have been created for the course (this option only appears if Supplemental activities have been created).
- Click Search library, which allows you to choose content from other Buzz courses or external sources to which you have access.
- Indicate whether you want the activity to be Gradable and click Next.
- If activity metadata is made available by the system admin (using Domain Settings > Course Options), you will be able to Edit metadata, such as Grade level.
- Click Next.
- If you clicked the Gradable box, you are able to edit the following settings for each activity:
- Submission type (if applicable for the activity). In addition to allowing None, Single document, Multiple documents, URLs, and Notes; you can also allow students to submit:
- Weight in category
- The desired Score entry model: Points, Rubric, Percentage, or Letter Grade
- The appropriate Grading category (where enabled)
- The appropriate Period (where enabled)
- Whether This activity counts as extra credit
- Whether you want to Hide returned scores until a certain date and provide the date and time you want the scores to become visible
- The Passing score
- Whether the Score can be dropped from calculated course score
- Whether to Include this activity's score in final-grade calculation
- Whether to Require a passing score for course credit
- Whether to Treat as zero in gradebook until this activity is scored
- Whether the activity aligns with any Objectives
- Click Next.
- Assign activity.
Creating personalized activities using the Clipboard enables you to give truly individual attention.
Clicking Search library opens a searchable Library of digital content that's connected to your domain.
- Use the filters to find specific collections or activities.
- Click Open to browse collections and folders of content.
- When you find the activity or activities you want, check the Add to cart box to select them.
- Click Link or Copy; linked content receives updates from the content provider and copied content does not.